How to catch the trend movement early?

AMITBE

There's no easy solution.
As linkon7 has hinted, a good way to be in early is to spot divergences in the indicators you've posted.
Once a divergences is spotted, begin to stalk the price/volume action.
Study the current bar in relation to the last two at least (variable). Use tools you trust...Fibonacci, Andrew's Pitchfork, Gann, support-resistance, pivots, Candlestick formations, trend-lines, inside-outside bars, LRB-SRB, patterns like double top/bottom, H&S, higher timeframe...anything your experience and eye-balling skills come up with...there're so many.
With a divergence in place, these and many more should let you into a trade with a fair chance.
All this assumes that you have some idea of a likely target, and that it has a favourable risk-reward factor. Which also of course assumes that you have determined the stop and will adhere to it.
Then again, adding to position in an appropriate way if the trade goes in your direction will make things more profitable. But again, this assumes you have done your position sizing properly.

AMITBE.

Karanm

saivenkat, how can u catch the trend early, but following all lagging indicators ?

And if you are waiting for all these indicators to confirm each other, maybe you are too late in the trend.

If you are fast trader, then my suggestion will be to change the tools ie. indicators that are u r using..You can't expect to win F1 with a car that has max speed of 150 kmph.

Trendline as mentioned by capricon is one such approach. Ofcourse, you will have to built trading system around it and backtest it to ensure that it is profitable.

Happy Trading
Sir,

Where I can get formula to Explore Congestion in Stocks in Metastock.

Regards
Karanm

Karanm

saivenkat, how can u catch the trend early, but following all lagging indicators ?

And if you are waiting for all these indicators to confirm each other, maybe you are too late in the trend.

If you are fast trader, then my suggestion will be to change the tools ie. indicators that are u r using..You can't expect to win F1 with a car that has max speed of 150 kmph.

Trendline as mentioned by capricon is one such approach. Ofcourse, you will have to built trading system around it and backtest it to ensure that it is profitable.

Happy Trading
Sir,

Can you Suggest Indicators (and thier Values) which are not Lagging for EOD and which are the Best for Metastock

I will be Obliged for your help & information

Regards
Karanm

Karanm

Happy Trading
Sir,

I need a formula to Explore Congestion of Moving Averages in Shares in Metastock on EOD Charts.
Sir, which Indicators (their Values also) are the Best & Most Reliable for EOD Trading using Metastock.

I would be Obliged for your information & help

Regards
Karanm

AW10

Karanm,
Regarding congestion of Moving average, I don't have explorer formula.
You can try Metastock site's forum or somewhere on the internet.

I don't know any THE BEST INDICATOR for trading. Sorry.

Seems, you are seeking for holygrail system. In my view, even if u get this indicator, it will not give u profit.. Cause trading is lot more then indicators. If you put all other pieces of trading in place (risk mgmt, position size, exit rules, psychology etc), then even coin-flip based entry can give u profit.

There are many systems disucssed in TJ, just pickup anyone of them and backtest it manually on historical data to learn it, and to gain confidence that it will give u profit.
Once u have found that, then just stick to it with consistency and see the profit flowing.

Happy Trading

Karanm

Karanm,
Regarding congestion of Moving average, I don't have explorer formula.
You can try Metastock site's forum or somewhere on the internet.

I don't know any THE BEST INDICATOR for trading. Sorry.

Seems, you are seeking for holygrail system. In my view, even if u get this indicator, it will not give u profit.. Cause trading is lot more then indicators. If you put all other pieces of trading in place (risk mgmt, position size, exit rules, psychology etc), then even coin-flip based entry can give u profit.

There are many systems disucssed in TJ, just pickup anyone of them and backtest it manually on historical data to learn it, and to gain confidence that it will give u profit.
Once u have found that, then just stick to it with consistency and see the profit flowing.

Happy Trading
Sir,

I don't want any holygrail, but simply one Trading Syatem which I should first understand and then trade.
My only request is Kindly tell some Trading System and the point I should understand of this System, Back Test and then gradually start Trading.
Sir, trust me I have requested many people to guide me as how to start Trading but No one helped me.
Kndly help me and oblige.

Regards
Karanm

desifxtrader

Sir,

I don't want any holygrail, but simply one Trading Syatem which I should first understand and then trade.
My only request is Kindly tell some Trading System and the point I should understand of this System, Back Test and then gradually start Trading.
Sir, trust me I have requested many people to guide me as how to start Trading but No one helped me.

Regards
Karanm
Hi Karanm,

I feel really sorry about you. How old are you?

Actually, there are TWO reasons why nobody is helping you:

1. You are not ready to help yourself.

2. Refer the links below:

Code:
http://www.traderji.com/trading-resources/32003-trading-calls-services-2.html#post431867

http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/40484-onmobile-global.html#post430969

http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/39590-why-technical-indicators-dosent-work-2.html#post431222
Wish you best of Luck

AW10

Sir,

Regards
Karanm
Karnam, have u chked the thread by Smart_Trade on oscillator. Raghavcc has created new thread where he is using oscillators to trade.
There are other successful systems here - like 315 cross-over system etc.
You can find 100s of system on the net...

But important is to find a system that suits YOU, your trading psychology, your trading account size etc.
And to evalute a system from your perspective, you need to first define your selection criteria.. and then see if a system fits that or not.

System giving x% return per month is not sufficient criteria.

Feel free to come to DEN thread and throw your doubts/questions.
also check out the threads that are given by desifxtrader.

Happy Trading