How to become a legal Technical Analyst ?

A

abc xyz

Hello everyone,

I am serious to become a Professional Technical analyst , so that i can recommend stock to Professionally and legaly, based on technical charts etc..

But as I am new to this and I want to know what is the legal way and which courses and formal studies I have to do for that ?

Some time back I heard that SEBI is coming out with some rules / law, so that only formally educated people can only advise stock recommendation.

I am really serious to go for formal education in technical analysis, but don't know which course is approved by SEBI / NSE / BSE / or Govt. of India.

Can anyone help me in this regard ?

Pls. update me on all the above points
Thanx in advance.....

oxusmorouz

I'm not sure if such a thing exists. I mean, after all, formal education would ruin the careers of more than quite a few popular faces who give stock advices on TV. These are poor people who earn their sole living by scamming innocent TV viewers. Govt won't view such a measure favorably.

AW10

Good to see someone who wants to follow TA as profession. All the best.
You will have competition from unorganised sector (i.e. not formally qualified but successfuls TAs).

I am not sure if any institute in India is providing formal eduction and certification in India that is respected in the Industry by professionals (there might be few self proclaimed Guru's offering programs).

There is Society of Technical Analysts in the UK. They offer certification in TA. Their site is http://www.sta-uk.org/. Check out the details on their Diploma course.

The members of this society are analysts /employee of Fund Houses, hedge funds, private traders, Technical Investment advisor (as u are planning to become), brokerage houses etc.

This orgn is also affiliated with US based society of Tech Analysts, IFTA. Google on MSTA / CFTe / CFTA and you will find it. I heard, Australia, Singapore, Hongkong etc have their own society of TAs.
(one more area where India needs to catchup).

Happy Trading.

A

abc xyz

anyone know about the rule which was about to implement by SEBI, so that unorganised TAs will wipe out from this area ??
any update about it ?? is SEBI implemented that rule ?
pls. update on this

NOMINDTR

Hello everyone,

I am serious to become a Professional Technical analyst , so that i can recommend stock to Professionally and legaly, based on technical charts etc..

But as I am new to this and I want to know what is the legal way and which courses and formal studies I have to do for that ?

Some time back I heard that SEBI is coming out with some rules / law, so that only formally educated people can only advise stock recommendation.

I am really serious to go for formal education in technical analysis, but don't know which course is approved by SEBI / NSE / BSE / or Govt. of India.

Can anyone help me in this regard ?

Pls. update me on all the above points
Thanx in advance.....
There is nobody around to give you a license that you are a TA IMO (check it) Though if you need a degree or diploma, check CFA site.

Cheers

Dear u can contact intelligence institute of business technique(iibt) they provide ta courses this institue is in kolkata in kalighat.website is www.iibt.com.or u can do ta course from mr.sanjay saraf ask about him any ca student or pursuing ca student in kolkata they will tell u about this sir.