how much return you expect from commodity market Part 2

Dear Rajeev ji..

I have gone through that thread twice..

can u please make it clear what do u mean by this---

So have the chart / OHLC data for this contract by your side when reading

does it mean bhav copy provided by mcx or anything else..

i m very new 2 this forum pls help me understand few terms..

thankss...

Dear Rajeev ji..

I have gone through that thread twice..

can u please make it clear what do u mean by this---

So have the chart / OHLC data for this contract by your side when reading

does it mean bhav copy provided by mcx or anything else..

i m very new 2 this forum pls help me understand few terms..

thankss...
Dear Neerav,

Alu Mini expiring on 31st May 12 is a contract which was traded on MCX from 1st Feb 12 to 31st May 12.

For each trading day there is an Opening price, High price, Low price, and Closing Price. This set of four numbers are called OHLC data for the day. For each trading day there will be a one set.

When this data is used make a candlestick chart, we have the chart mentioned. To understand please read: http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

regards

Rajeev

TraderRavi

low risk profile
what is the current trend in base metals & precious metals as per your systems ? share here.....:thumb:

Thank u so much rajeev ji for that link and a quick reply..i went through it will take sometimeto understand candle sticks..

Can u please tell me about how to enter in to a fresh position with this strategy..

Means when v have have enter a trade how to decide...

and u said you have a collection of ashwani chadha's posts please upload them and share d link..may be many new learners will be able to learn n earn some money..

thanks a lot :)

what is the current trend in base metals & precious metals as per your systems ? share here.....:thumb:
Dear Ravi,

This is still Ashwani's EOD Trading system (not my system). Contract, current trend, and SL for Monday are here:

alumini [31 jan]: short, 114.8
copper mini [28 feb]: long, 438.1
gold guinea [31 dec], short, 24500
lead mini [31 jan], long, 125.65
nickel mini [31 jan], short, 963.2
silver micro [28 feb], short, 58494
zinc mini [31 jan], i am not sure

Ashwani took positions in above mentioned trend only if it was in same direction as what he called the "primary" trend of the commodity.

What is the trend as per you? Do you have any suggestions on how we couldn define primary trend?

regards

Rajeev

PS: Unfortunately the loss-making boy for whose sake Ashwani shared this method became so abusive that Ashwani abandoned the thread.

Dear Neerav,

My knowledge / understaning is still elementary.

If you are interested in End-of-Day Trading then better read Ashwani's original posts on 5th & 6th May 2012 in Part-1 of this thread. He has explained the system with example of Alumini Contract expiring 31st May 12. So have the chart / OHLC data for this contract by your side when reading.

Ashwani's posts are in Part-1 of the thread and the link is: http://www.traderji.com/metals/48890-how-much-return-you-expect-commodity-market-519.html . Start from post number 5181.

regards

Rajeev

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Dear Ravi,

This is still Ashwani's EOD Trading system (not my system). Contract, current trend, and SL for Monday are here:

alumini [31 jan]: short, 114.8
copper mini [28 feb]: long, 438.1
gold guinea [31 dec], short, 24500
lead mini [31 jan], long, 125.65
nickel mini [31 jan], short, 963.2
silver micro [28 feb], short, 58494
zinc mini [31 jan], i am not sure

Ashwani took positions in above mentioned trend only if it was in same direction as what he called the "primary" trend of the commodity.

What is the trend as per you? Do you have any suggestions on how we couldn define primary trend?

regards

Rajeev

PS: Unfortunately the loss-making boy for whose sake Ashwani shared this method became so abusive that Ashwani abandoned the thread.
I have the excel sheet of EOD system in which ashwini made some columns and gave entry, SL etc....But I m trying to make a system for base metals EOD type....Now I want commodity traders to post the primary trend as per their systems to check and to benefit all.......I will post some charts.....how to define primary trend ?..short term trend can be identified from charts..

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
as per this daily chart silver is in bottom(weekly chart can be different)....so no point shorting...56250 will provide strong support.........while 62500 is the resistance.......

TraderRavi

low risk profile
here in nickel daily chart 937 should provide support ..if breaksdown then 914 - 906 target ..."short term trend " trend is down........