Hi

dhvl

Hello folks,
I've been lurking around here a lot, so I guess an introduction is called for. My name is Dhaval and I run a nature and wildlife tour company (http://vanyaholidays.com/)

I was introduced to charting by a friend and have been amazed by the accuracy of the results; prior to this enlightenment I used to think markets went up or down depending on people's gut feelings on an everyday basis and just the balance sheet in the long term. :D
I was amazed to hear about Fibonacci retracements; having an art background and a passion for photography, I only knew that the ratio when applied to a picture did wonders and that most things in nature had this progression in one form or another, but translating that into stock markets was just mind blowing! Each new technique I learnt/read about blew my mind, most of all, candle-stick patterns: it still amazes me every single day how these patterns actually translate into human sentiment.

Anyhoo, I still haven't tested waters (other than demo accounts) and think that this is a great time for me to enter (what with the indices dropping like lead in water ;)).

Lately I've been prone to thinking that I should start out with forex because TA works much better on such a large market and it saves me a big pain in the neck trying to figure out how to get historical and live data into certain charting software that I like (mostly Metastock; I could adapt to Amibroker, though.) I hope to be reading through a lot of the previous threads and also starting up new ones to trouble y'all :)

Regards,
Dhaval.