Here my Journey starts...

1) Trading/investing experience: Yes, once I invested on my firens suggestion and I lost almost all of it :annoyed:

2) The number of years you have been investing or trading in the markets: NIL This is my new year resolution (2012) to make it big in stock Market and make profiles multi-times of the loss I incurred on my friends suggestion... Stock Market...here I come... :cool:

3) Your area of interest - IPO's/secondary market/futures/options/commodities, etc.

4) How do you make your trading decisions: I am in my learning phase as of now. I want to become technically sound first and then invest (first target is to do some swing trading and then If I feel I am quick enough and informed enough, I will start with intra-day)... Reading Manish Pobrai's: "Dhandho - investers" t oget some insights...there is long list of books I have to go through. Till now I have read all basics and reading more on how to interpret trend etc

5) How you discovered this forum.... Google... my best pal

6) :clap: I give a standing ovation to all masters and hope I will be able to become like them one day

Please take my humble "hello"

Best Regards...Dinesh

1) Trading/investing experience: Yes, once I invested on my firens suggestion and I lost almost all of it :annoyed:

2) The number of years you have been investing or trading in the markets: NIL This is my new year resolution (2012) to make it big in stock Market and make profiles multi-times of the loss I incurred on my friends suggestion... Stock Market...here I come... :cool:

3) Your area of interest - IPO's/secondary market/futures/options/commodities, etc.

4) How do you make your trading decisions: I am in my learning phase as of now. I want to become technically sound first and then invest (first target is to do some swing trading and then If I feel I am quick enough and informed enough, I will start with intra-day)... Reading Manish Pobrai's: "Dhandho - investers" t oget some insights...there is long list of books I have to go through. Till now I have read all basics and reading more on how to interpret trend etc

6) :clap: I give a standing ovation to all masters and hope I will be able to become like them one day

Best Regards...Dinesh

Hi Dinesh,

This is very good, with the beginning of new year. Best of Luck.

iamroopak

dinesh... anybody can achieve anything in life... just two things:
1) you have to do it full time.. hobbies are for part time, dreams shud be pursued full-time
2) have a horizon of years, 5, 10, 15 years... yes.. that much time it takes to smell success...

just a couple of cents from my experience... happy working!!

WOD

Best Regards...Dinesh
Choose one instrument and start. May be mnifty?

dinesh... anybody can achieve anything in life... just two things:
1) you have to do it full time.. hobbies are for part time, dreams shud be pursued full-time
2) have a horizon of years, 5, 10, 15 years... yes.. that much time it takes to smell success...

just a couple of cents from my experience... happy working!!
Thanks Roopak... I will try to put as much time as I can! May be not initially but I can plan later to be a full time trader. And yes, I did not keep any time horizon for success as of now...only aim is to first learn learn and learn from masters! I hope I will keep getting some more jewels of thoughts from you and other senior members.