Help with ODIN DIET

Flock

RK Global rep told me that they will be releasing version 9 to their clients in around 10 days time.

beginner_av

Today I checked ODIN on one of my friend's RK Global account, before planning to shift. I must be blind (and he clueless) for I could not find a way to see the best 5 bid and ask for Options as well as Futures. All orders entered using RL are Limit Orders. If I use blank or 0 in price field, it rejects the orders and raises an error. How to overcome this? So traders using RKG here, what do you do?

milkyblack

Today I checked ODIN on one of my friend's RK Global account, before planning to shift. I must be blind (and he clueless) for I could not find a way to see the best 5 bid and ask for Options as well as Futures. All orders entered using RL are Limit Orders. If I use blank or 0 in price field, it rejects the orders and raises an error. How to overcome this? So traders using RKG here, what do you do?
Well av...

Not an issue... place a price which is far lower/upper than the current price... it will automatically go for the best price... Otherwise trying MIT... it is like the price will go for the market if the SL is triggered....like market price

Secondly.... we can watch best 5 stuff... just press F5 after for the scrip you want to look...
And at last there is F&O watch also.... :)
Plz get back if your queries are not answered !
Just one query to you... as ur frnd is using Rk Global... does he face the problem of disconnectivity.. I mean the quotes stop comming after a while... and again we got to reconnect to the broadcast server thing....

Regards

Last edited:

beginner_av

Thanks milkyblack. The first point is worrying, more so because of the time involved in getting out or getting into a running mkt with a big order is crucial.
Second issue of best 5 is solved. Thanks
No, i have not seen any disconnection at all, but mind you I have used it/observed for 2 days only.

One more thing, email help is non existent, and the people on phone seem to be clueless.

kkseal

I guess MIT has to be slightly higher/lower than CMP, once the price is touched it'll be like a mkt order. BTW, isn't there any general help available on ODIN, either from the brokers or somewhere on the NET?

milkyblack

Thanks milkyblack. The first point is worrying, more so because of the time involved in getting out or getting into a running mkt with a big order is crucial.
Second issue of best 5 is solved. Thanks
No, i have not seen any disconnection at all, but mind you I have used it/observed for 2 days only.

One more thing, email help is non existent, and the people on phone seem to be clueless.
av,

Today I tried MIT order... placing only the trigger price and no execution price... but it got rejected.... So in my view to place market order... it is better to place some price higher/lower as also mention by kkseal...
If you find any other way then do post ....

Well as you observed for only 2 days... plz check for few more days... and let us know the disconnectivity problem...
I also did not face problem of disconnection for the 1st 2 days :D
But now I do..... :(

Regards

beginner_av

you are correct milkyblack. One disconnection and then Nifty June price froze. No changes. I don't think I'll shift to them if it continues like this!

milkyblack

you are correct milkyblack. One disconnection and then Nifty June price froze. No changes. I don't think I'll shift to them if it continues like this!
av,
This is what I am facing everyday... yesterday I could not exit one trade right on time because of this... that too NF... because of this the market depth also freezes! It is difficult in this case...
That wht happnes... brokerage is less but other charges are high!!!! Charges of trading!!!!

Regards