Hello Trading Gurus

My humble hello to trading gurus,

I stared watching the share market for past 2 years.. Previously I was in Mutual fund.. I have not done much trading till now.. I want to learn some some good things before I dive into the sea of stock market..

So I want you guru's guidance to learn..

But I am in a confusion. When I have reading many people opinion, majority of the stock market people are saying that, we cannot earn very big through trading. The only way to earn wealth in share market is long term investing.. And of course world's wealthier persons are long term investor.

Please share your experience to clear my doubt.. Through trading can we really earn money or it is a mirage? Any big billionaires who has become through trading? Please give some example...

My little experience says of course I am making profits but at the end of some specific period either I neutral or negative. So I am in confusion please guide me

My humble hello to trading gurus,

I stared watching the share market for past 2 years.. Previously I was in Mutual fund.. I have not done much trading till now.. I want to learn some some good things before I dive into the sea of stock market..

So I want you guru's guidance to learn..

But I am in a confusion. When I have reading many people opinion, majority of the stock market people are saying that, we cannot earn very big through trading. The only way to earn wealth in share market is long term investing.. And of course world's wealthier persons are long term investor.

Please share your experience to clear my doubt.. Through trading can we really earn money or it is a mirage? Any big billionaires who has become through trading? Please give some example...

My little experience says of course I am making profits but at the end of some specific period either I neutral or negative. So I am in confusion please guide me
Hello

and welcome in the forum. Hope you will find here what your are searching for.

Wish you a good start and have a nice day.

Dan :)

Oh .. Thanks...There is a opinion that irrespective of our skills, consistent profit through trading is not possible.. So before putting major effort in learning the art of trading I want to make sure that consistent profiting is possible..Any other opinion please share

suri112000

I have a well chalked out plan for beginners who are exploring first time into trading.

Most of the beginners will loose money before they realize the pros and cons of trading. You have to survive here for longer periods which may extend anywhere from 2 to 7 years without blowing your account.

I suggest you must have a sizable amount to withstand the losses which occur in the learning phase.

I suggest a minimum capital of Rs.10 lakhs for the beginners. Keep Rs.9 lakhs in the Fixed Deposit of a public sector bank. Make an option to withdraw interest annually.

Start your journey with Rs.1,00,000 in the trading account. There are around 250 trading days or 12 months or 52 weeks in a year.

If you loose Rs.400 including brokerage and taxes in a single day you stop trading for the day. If you loose Rs.1600 in a week you stop trading for the rest of the week. If you loose Rs.6,000 in a month you stop trading for the rest of the month. (How to fix predetermined losses can be learnt with position sizing concept mentioned at many places in this forum).

Likewise, you are likely to survive for a couple of years which is the minimum required time to understand what is trading all about.

Kindly remember not to subscribe to any Tips providers and magical softwares while doing this method. Donot waste your money on these fraudsters because most of them are the loosers of this game and want to recover their losses by promising extra ordinary returns which is an illusion in trading.

All the best.:thumb:

Last edited:

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Oh .. Thanks...There is a opinion that irrespective of our skills, consistent profit through trading is not possible.. So before putting major effort in learning the art of trading I want to make sure that consistent profiting is possible..Any other opinion please share
I am getting consistent profit. :D Is that enough?

There is no guaranty that u'll be a successful trader after putting major effort in learning the art of trading. U can't learn trading by reading books or from TJ. :lol:

this a game. U r a player. Either u have some natural abilities to grow as a trader or u don't hv it. U'll discover it sooner or later.. Only intelligence is not sufficient here...

oilman5

trading success is very slippery, with iron discipline u have to install ur trade-track. for this u reqd to have some natural abilities to grow as a trader .Read Suri's excellent suggestion.
here failure is actually 99% , so profitability highly skewed.
perhaps u have never seen a trader- who r readily available to help here.
pl understand - trade executioner /call & trade facility provider r not trader.
trade call giver r not trader.
MF seller r not trader.
analyst r not trader.
academics r not trader.
TRADERS DO OWN ANALYSIS,GOOD FLEXIBILITY,UNDERSTAND REAL TIME RISK VS. OPPORTUNITY - LONG EXPERIENCE OF SURVIVE ,TRADE ON OWN SET UP

Hello to All Trading Gurus,

At present, I am investing only in Mutual funds. I have not done much trading till now. Before I start investing in stock market, I want to learn tricks of the trade and guidance from you trade gurus.

Please guide me.

Thank you very much suri112000 for your advice.. also to headstrong007 and oilman5..

headstrong007.. So based on your post, trading is not suitable for all.. It for those who are having natural abilities..
But am I having that natural abilities..But how to develop that..
Now got confused..