Hello from Vikas

findvikas

Hello Gurus!

I know you all have more experience than me as I have never ever invested before. I have recently got a Kotak Securities account opened, but still dont know how to operate. Areas of interest.. hmm... interesting question, as I said I am a newbie I am not really sure what area to target probably you can help me in choosing. I have seen people investing in IPOs and probably will start with IPOs.

I am hoping to learn a lot from this forum and become an investment Guru like you guys within 2-3 years down the line.

Thanks,
Vikas

Hello Gurus!

I know you all have more experience than me as I have never ever invested before. I have recently got a Kotak Securities account opened, but still dont know how to operate. Areas of interest.. hmm... interesting question, as I said I am a newbie I am not really sure what area to target probably you can help me in choosing. I have seen people investing in IPOs and probably will start with IPOs.

I am hoping to learn a lot from this forum and become an investment Guru like you guys within 2-3 years down the line.

Thanks,
Vikas
Don't know of any Guru here,my friend........all traders and investors,with varying experience,some willing to share.

Educate yourself,this forum is a great start.

Wishing you all the best!
Saint

findvikas

Don't know of any Guru here,my friend........all traders and investors,with varying experience,some willing to share.

Educate yourself,this forum is a great start.

Wishing you all the best!
Saint
Hi Saint,

I have read couple of good articles from you and most important was "Teach a Man to fish.." I am a noob and do not want to make any money but learn from other people's experience and also learn how to read the stats before investing.

One quick question for you... EMAAR MGF is coming with IPO today, how much potential do you see in that IPO. Should I put some money there ?

I am very confident that I'll learn a lot from you and other people here. Looking forward to interact with you more often...

Take Care,
Vikas

Hi Saint,

I have read couple of good articles from you and most important was "Teach a Man to fish.." I am a noob and do not want to make any money but learn from other people's experience and also learn how to read the stats before investing.

One quick question for you... EMAAR MGF is coming with IPO today, how much potential do you see in that IPO. Should I put some money there ?

I am very confident that I'll learn a lot from you and other people here. Looking forward to interact with you more often...

Take Care,
Vikas
No idea about the IPO world........probably one of our more IPO knowledgeable members could help.Post your query in the IPO section.

All the best!
Saint

ps:Good to hear that you value education and are keen to do so....all the best,my friend!

Hi Vikas,
Which type of account did you open? (Is it Gateway?)
How much did you pay initially? (initial margin amount n opening charges)
Did you open 3 in 1 account?
How many days Kotak took to open the account?

Please reply.

findvikas

Hi Vikas,
Which type of account did you open? (Is it Gateway?)
How much did you pay initially? (initial margin amount n opening charges)
Did you open 3 in 1 account?
How many days Kotak took to open the account?

Please reply.
I am a kid in this area so my answer is "What is a Gateway?"
I have paid 550+50k for my equity account, they will revert back me 550* if i give them that much interest in initial 6 months
I opened Online Trading+Demat and not taken back account.. I prefer to use my CitiBank and linked that with them. You can also transfer hunds instantly from HDFC,Citi,Kotak,Axis,ICICI via Online Transfer
It took 1 weeks for me to get the demat opened, and 3 weeks in all to get the welcome kit delivered... yes they took a long time

Basically we can open 3 in 1 account with them, where they provide 0 balance savings account for 1 year.
Regarding the trading account, they have different types of accounts as Gateway, freedom etc where initial payment to be done and chareges are different.
I have gone for their Gateway account with 20,000 rs.

I am also a newbee like you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Welcome 0
B Introductions 2
R Introductions 0
T Introductions 0
N Introductions 0