Hello from Bangalore

Hi all,

My self, Munir Noorani. I am a new investor, looking to learn the basics of trading. Currently I am studying technical analysis and the various indicators like MACD, Candlesticks etc.

Looking forward to a lot of help from the seniors and other knowledgeable people on this forum.

My first question:

I am currently lookng to paper trade for some time for learning. Is there any good software that shows all the charts and indicators in real time for SE/BSE for free?

Thanks.

Hi,

Munir, this is Sid from Bangalore. Nice to have you in this forum. Like you, I am new to this forum and I am new in this industry as well.

Again, like you, I have been trying to learn the trick of the trade. However, I am very new to this market, so it'll take me a while to get a better grip over this subject.

Regarding your question, there is a Beginner Guide (I'm sorry, I couldn't find the link) that talks about commercial software to track the changes happening in the share market, you might want to head over to the section if you haven't. I don't think they are real-time, but hourly updated, yes.

If I get this right, even Sharekhan has a nice analysis tool. However, I have been using Rediff's money site as I am comfortable with the graph and find it easy-to-use. I discovered Rediff site much before discovering what was share market, so I don't know if the site will suit you, but give it a try. :)

AW10

You shd be able to get charting from your brokers site. Try Google or Yahoo finance section. I think, investbulls dot com also have free chart for leading stocks.

My suggestion will be to shortlist the stocks that are your prey for tomorrows trading and watch them closely. Make your own basket of few stocks. Don't bother about tracking whole market and loose focus.

Happy Trading

@Rock_sid Hi Sid, looking forward to learning along with you on this forum. Where in bangalore are you based?

@AW10 nice to hear from a senior member so soon. That's something that separates this forum from the others. Precisely as you have pointed out, how do i select which stocks to watch for the next day? what should be the criteria to select those 10 stocks from the hundreds?

AW10

@AW10 nice to hear from a senior member so soon. That's something that separates this forum from the others. Precisely as you have pointed out, how do i select which stocks to watch for the next day? what should be the criteria to select those 10 stocks from the hundreds?
Check out my NR7 thread here (link in my signature). Will give possible candidates for big move tomorrow. And then let market confirm the breakout.
- If it happens, you are ready to trade,
- if breakout fails, you manage the risk and get out
- if breakout doesn't happen today, then move the stock to tomorrow's watch list.

Suggestion - Pick you basket of stocks, and track them for NR7 type of setup. Do this consistently for few days, make observations and improve your approach before you accept or reject it. Be open to the fact that nothing is 100% guaranteed in trading so we have to be prepared to accept our mistakes, take the small loss and move on.

All the best and happy trading

PARI

you can check the moneycontrol website - you get free charts, news, fundamental data, views of other people and what not - pandora's box for a retail investor - u get almost everything