Heikin Ashi Candles Colour Change

Rkji

ForeX TechnicaL AnalysiS StrategieS

hiya guys

thought about starting a thread completly dedicated to t.a on forex

i have just started paper trading forex & would appreciate if seniors could leave their feedback OR share their technical analysis strategies if comfortable, so that beginners like me can gain an insight into forex world.

platform i have chosen is GCI MT4 which i found to be faster than other MT4' s like alpari, fxcentral etc. i tried demo from 5 vendors, GCI seems to be best.

here' s my strategy that i will be testing on forex, found on a website :

There are three Wilders Smoothing Moving Averages in it:

1- The dark green moving average is set to 9 (Slow)
2- The light green moving average is set to 6 (Middle)
3- The red moving average is set to 4 (Fast)

Also please note that these moving averages are applied to (H+L)/2 and not the close price only. This helps to have a better and smoother moving averages.

These three moving averages make an indicator with each other. This indicator is known as Alligator. It is a good indicator to find the trends and avoid the ranging market.

When Forex market is Bullish (the price is going up) the red moving average (the faster one) stays above the other two; the light green moving average stays at the middle and the dark green moving average (the slowest one) stays under the other two:

So when the red MA goes above the others it is time to take a long position and when the dark green MA goes above the others and the red MA goes under, it is time to close the long position or take a short position. As you can see in the above image, there are two Warning signals that the red MA tried to cross the other two MAs and it succeeded to cross the light green but failed to cross the dark green.

As you see in the Exit Point, the red MA is under the other MAs and the dark green MA is at the top.

This was a beautiful uptrend. But what about the time that the market is ranging?

When we have a flat market (ranging), the three MAs cross each other and also the price for so many times. Sometimes the red is at the top, sometimes the light green and sometimes the dark green. And if you look at the price candlesticks you will see that they are choppy and dont show a good and clear pattern.

If you have problem in distinguishing the flat/ranging market, adding a Heikin-Ashi chart can be a big help. The good thing about Heikin-Ashi is that when the market is Bullish or Bearish and we have good trends, the Heikin-Ashi candles have the same color and shapes. When the market is Bullish, all the Heikin-Ashi candles are green and have no lower shadow and when the market is Bearish, the Heikin-Ashi candles are red and have no upper shadow.

But what about the flat and ranging market? In the flat and ranging market red and green Heikin-Ashi candles will be mixed with each other. Also they will have upper and lower shadows mainly at the same time.

Please look at the below image carefully to understand the above explanations:

some more examples:

So when the Alligator and Heikin-Ashi candles tell you that the market is ranging, you have to stay away and wait for a trend.

guys, you are more than welcome to share your unique strategies which have worked for you OR we can keep on fine tuning on whatever we are working upon.

well, i am trying to fine tune this strategy as in looking at different time frames for it & found bigger time frames helpful but in case of bigger timeframes stop losses could be bigger as well. small timeframes gives smaller stoplosses & smaller profits & scalping is a bit difficult so far as prices shoots in either direction so fast..read somewhere to look for bigger time frames & take trade in smaller ones following trend of bigger time frames...not successful so far.

regards
rishi

lionking_ac

Whn U Trd Wot U C On Chart. No One can stop U To E
Re: ForeX TechnicaL AnalysiS StrategieS

hai rishi..

nice starting...

I am also a new biew in trading of forex so I m not the master one.. (i.e. even if after exp. no one can claim that due to forex field... ) but I started my exp. with 19 account of balance 5000 $ I have blolwn upto this day.. well I have other 12 account which is constantly in profit.. started with 5 K $. and Now it have 8K $ to !4K $... Plls.. donot ask me that those blown account is real or live ?! ! pls... donot ... hehehe... i hope demo is the best way to learn forex... Each Person who wanna go for forex MUST MUST MUST try demo 1st.. though however Master you are... but untill n unless you become constantly profiting in at least 4 to 5 account Must be triple than you can think about for real..

Obviously This are my thoughts There are alots of ppls Who might laugh at this.. but for new bie this is something must....

I have alots of vid and books.. (i.e. thanx to traderji.com and other web site ) Well this collection of trading in forex n stock I have is areound 340 GB... lots of workshop n books n illuestrative workshops throungh which I have learned. ( jack bernstin, timothy, livermore, elliots, waykoff... peter rein... kim reallly etc etc ) these are few names which i have..

from all that what I have learned is something like this....

when prise makes higher low... up trand when it's make lower high ... down trand...

pls. donot laugh at me whn you guyz read it... but honestly just think for a moment really each and ever technical analysis master who is sucessful in the biz becoz they have masterd the PSYCOLOGY part of trading.. It's almost 85% of total trading skills.. 15% is for money manegement.

BIGGEST MISTAKES WE MAKE IS WE JUZ PASS PSYCOLOGY LESSION WITH EGO UHHHH... I M AN EAGLE.. BUT THT'S THE BIGEST MISTAKE 1 CAN MAKE...

Even if you donot know technicals or fundamentals U can be a winner... in market... So most imp. part of trading is PSYCOLOGY.

I do know I m not masters but to some extant almost all ppl who is succeessful in trading will be agree to this... knowing money management and tech.analysis is supportive things to enhance your pofiting skills..

pls. forgive me for this lecture... if you get bored.. but what I wanna tell you is... we are luckky that we have a platform to share our ideas n thoughts with likeminded ppls here in traderji... I would like to be open for all kinda discussion which related to trading...

regards..

lionking_ac

a lil. suggestion for your method in trading... is.. juz plot a bb in this... I think due to this you can easily identify the top or bottom reversal...

just a suggestion... hope i get input from your side...

thanks.

DanPickUp

Hy

Looks it is going to be an interesting thread with intelligent people.

As soon as I can, I will join here and may make some posts.

Until then, I am a silent reader.

Have a nice weekend

DanPickUp

lionking_ac

due to bb you can be precise for the top
of bottom reversal. so you can get early almost without lossing more profit that u earned.

& in the same way U can be prepared to get reverse position.... benifit is you can see from the 1st chart.. the top is around 1.5800. according to tht you are in trade... till up to the time when prise reach 1.5778. U exit around 1.5780 right ?! but with the help of bb you can get your exit signal at 1590+ and at tht point you can create reverse position with +/- 4 pip stoploss. and sail...to get more...!!!

what do you think ?!

DanPickUp

Sorry, I was interrupting the flow of the discussion. So I deleted this unnecessary post

Last edited:

Rkji

hiya lionking

welcome to the thread & feel free to post your opinion.

i plan to trade forex on demo for two months, if not satisfied with a strategy,
i shall continue demo mode.

its good to know that you have invested in yourself by reading & viewing good articles & video' s. hunger for knowledge is a must.

i do agree " pscychology" plays a major role in trading besides system & money management.

pls do not care about anyone laughing while presenting your views.. knowledge knows no barrier & just be yourself always.. we all can learn something or the other from each other.

regards
rishi

hai rishi..

nice starting...

I am also a newbie in trading forex ..... I would like to be open for all kinda discussion i.e related to trading

regards..

Rkji

thanks for your suggestion lionking, i shall try that again sometime soon.

in stocks

i do use bb along with adx & stochastics

when two ma' s cross & adx is more than 25, usually gives a good trend & whenever there is a green red piercing of the candles at the top of the bollinger band confirmed with a falling of fast & slow stochastics below 80, or vice versa, a trade is taken.

adx is often under estimated, but it' s a great tool to realise strength of the current trend & whether buyers or sellers are empowering.

i do consider a 20 degree angle forming between ma' s or stochastics.

coming back to forex

the reason i avoided adding any other indicator in the forex strategy is that i would just like to observe the three ma' s behaviour for sometime & see what are the whipsaws i would get. first of all i would like to deal with the timeframe to be used with the first indicator & so far i got two views

a) look in 1 hr charts & trade in 15 mins or look in 4 hr & trade in 30 mins
b) trade in a 4 hr chart

when i am aware what is lacking, i would know which other indicator to add next & then a final third one. i have noticed forex traders swearing by bb & macd. i observed bb 20.2 on forex charts & found inspite of a green red piercing on top or red green piercing on bottom band, candles could still graze almost unexpectedly. so i thought what works on stocks may not work in forex. i have never tried macd & its too early to comment on that.

regards
rishi

a lil. suggestion for your method in trading... is.. juz plot a bb in this... I think due to this you can easily identify the top or bottom reversal...

just a suggestion... hope i get input from your side...

thanks.

Rkji

hiya dan

your presence is highly appreciated & is a motivation to continue :)

let the good times roll on this weekend

regards
rishi

Hy

Looks it is going to be an interesting thread with intelligent people.

As soon as I can, I will join here and may make some posts.

Until then, I am a silent reader.

Have a nice weekend

DanPickUp

Rkji

added bb & my favourite adx & stochastics to see how it looks.

adx & stochastics sure comliments bb :)

first image is the ideal, bb is complimented with adx & stoch

second image is a " beware "

regards
rishi