HDFC transmission harrassmet post death of joint a/c holder

There is a DMAT acccount with HDFC in joint name of me & my wife. Another one in Geojit in joint name of me & my wife only. My wife expired two month ago. After her demise, I transferred all shares held in Geojit account to HDFC on basis of post- dated delivery instruction slip that my wife had signed & given to me.(off market transaction) before her demise
Now two months later when I gave transmission request to HDFC (to delete my wifes name), they are asking for explanation of credit transaction in the joint account post my wifes death ? Can they ask for such an explanation ? Are they not duty bound to transmit shares to my single name post my wifes death ? Are they an interested party in this? Please give reference to law / NSDL rules / SEBI guidelines
Please let me know what kind of explanation is to be given ? My wife had repaid loan to me.....

Tlahuicole

Sorry for your loss. I will ask someone I know regarding this issue. Maybe, Bunny can help here.

There is a DMAT acccount with HDFC in joint name of me & my wife. Another one in Geojit in joint name of me & my wife only. My wife expired two month ago. After her demise, I transferred all shares held in Geojit account to HDFC on basis of post- dated delivery instruction slip that my wife had signed & given to me.(off market transaction) before her demise
Now two months later when I gave transmission request to HDFC (to delete my wifes name), they are asking for explanation of credit transaction in the joint account post my wifes death ? Can they ask for such an explanation ? Are they not duty bound to transmit shares to my single name post my wifes death ? Are they an interested party in this? Please give reference to law / NSDL rules / SEBI guidelines
Please let me know what kind of explanation is to be given ? My wife had repaid loan to me.....
If u had a joint account in both places why did u not sign?:confused:

Thanks 4 ur info....
See transmission request is already given to HDFC. There is no problem with the transmission request.

However they say that there is credit transaction in said dmat account after death of joint account holder.....

They say that joint accountholder gave a post dated DI Slip, signed by both joint account holders - is OK. But after death transfer is not allowed, and since this transfer is already effected, they are not doing transmission & have freezed the account.....