HDFC Sec

Hi All,

I'm using Hdfc Sec for my trading. can any one Plz tell me how to know our brokerage scheme. Im feeling:annoyed: that they are detecting more money for one transaction.
Plz help me on this.

Thanks,
RedHill.

Hi All,

I'm using Hdfc Sec for my trading. can any one Plz tell me how to know our brokerage scheme. Im feeling:annoyed: that they are detecting more money for one transaction.
Plz help me on this.

Thanks,
RedHill.
I had such bad experience with HDFC Sec, I closed the account within 6 months time

hardik0007

Rs. 799/- (Including trading account, bank account and DP account with HDFC)

Please note: HDFC Bank savings account required a quarterly minimum balance of Rs. 2,500/-. If you already have Saving account or DP account with HDFC, you could link them with trading account.

:(

From http://www.hdfcsec.com/FAQs/Default.aspx?ReportID=82963933-8B09-4BB6-AD65-B0A77E84C442&Page=2

What will be my cost if I trade through HDFCsec? (Broking online/offline (including stamp duty and all) + depository charges + Bank Charges)

Securities Trading Account
Fee Head Charges
Account Opening One time Account Opening Charges are Rs. 799/- (Inclusive of Stamp Charges)
Brokerage on Trades done in equities - Delivery Segment and Inter-settlement 0.50%
Brokerage on Trades done in scrips allowed for Equity-margin 0.05%
Brokerage on Trades done in all other scrips for Equity-Intra-Day square off 0.10%
Brokerage on Trades done in Derivatives (only Futures) Segment - Carry Forward 0.05%
Brokerage on Trades done in Derivatives (only Futures) Segment - Intra-Day square off 0.025%
Brokerage on Options Contract Higher of 1% of the premium amount or Rs. 100/- (per lot)

Minimum brokerage
The minimum brokerage amount of Rs. 25/- (subjec to a ceiling of 2.5% of the total traded value) will be charged for transactions in Equities and Futures Segment.
In case of Equities, for transactions in a scrip trading at a price of below Rs. 10/-, minimum brokerage of Rs. 0.05/- per unit (subject to a ceiling of 2.5% of the total traded value) will be charged. Brokerage is charged on Per share basis, rounded off to nearest 2 Decimals & then multiplied with the total number of shares, in order to calculate total Brokerage per Transaction payable by the client. Service Tax is 10.30%* of the Brokerage Value. Service Tax will be charged in addition to brokerage, as applicable.
Securities Transaction Tax: Service Tax and Securities Transaction Tax are Government levies and are subject to change from time to time.
For Delivery based Transactions, STT is levied @ 0.125%* on the transaction value (on “Buy” as well as “Sell” transactions). Other taxes and levies as prescribed by Government and regulatory authorities would be applicable. For Square Off Transactions, STT is levied @ 0.025%* on the transaction value (only for “Sell” leg of the square off transaction). HDFC Securities Ltd. reserves the right to revise brokerage structure, by display of the same on the websitewww.hdfcsec.com.

Please note the account opening charge for NRI (Non-resident Indians is Rs. 2250/- and the minimum brokerage is Rs. 100/- per trade. Every duplicate request for Password / Ledger / contract note (physical copy) will be charged Rs. 25/- + Rs. 3/- (ST) *Statutory levies: These are charged as applicable from time to time.
Way back in 1990s when I used to trade in shares in physical form and place orders by phone, I had very bad experience of small sub-brokers just closing their offices and disappear overnight with my money and shares.

The thing with HDFC securities is that they offer seamless service between a bank account, demat account and a trading account. I use HDFC for IPO applications as well as to hold shares that I plan to hold for long term because I am sure that they will not disappear overnight.

Main downside of HDFC Sec is that they don't offer trading softwares like Diet ODIN and such. They offer only web browser based system for trading and even that is around 10 years old. So, you can't use them for intra-day trades when you want fast order placement and execution at lower cost. HDFC Sec caters to a certain niche market segment and they are good enough for that.