HDFC Sec

Discussion in 'Brokers & Trading Platforms' started by redhill, Sep 26, 2009.

1. redhill

redhill Member

Hi All,

I'm using Hdfc Sec for my trading. can any one Plz tell me how to know our brokerage scheme. Im feeling:annoyed: that they are detecting more money for one transaction.
    Plz help me on this.

Thanks,
    RedHill.

2. vijayvaliya

vijayvaliya Active Member

I had such bad experience with HDFC Sec, I closed the account within 6 months time

3. hardik0007

hardik0007 Active Member

Rs. 799/- (Including trading account, bank account and DP account with HDFC)

Please note: HDFC Bank savings account required a quarterly minimum balance of Rs. 2,500/-. If you already have Saving account or DP account with HDFC, you could link them with trading account.

:(

4. startrade

startrade Member

From http://www.hdfcsec.com/FAQs/Default.aspx?ReportID=82963933-8B09-4BB6-AD65-B0A77E84C442&Page=2

Way back in 1990s when I used to trade in shares in physical form and place orders by phone, I had very bad experience of small sub-brokers just closing their offices and disappear overnight with my money and shares.

The thing with HDFC securities is that they offer seamless service between a bank account, demat account and a trading account. I use HDFC for IPO applications as well as to hold shares that I plan to hold for long term because I am sure that they will not disappear overnight.

Main downside of HDFC Sec is that they don't offer trading softwares like Diet ODIN and such. They offer only web browser based system for trading and even that is around 10 years old. So, you can't use them for intra-day trades when you want fast order placement and execution at lower cost. HDFC Sec caters to a certain niche market segment and they are good enough for that.

shrio, nehamit, melwani and 1 other person like this.
  5. melwani

melwani New Member

Hdfc has fixed brokerage, 50 paise for delivery and 10 paise intraday - so where are they charging extra