HabitRPG for Trading Discipline

NOMINDTR

Hello,

I started using 'Gamification' for shaping my trading habits. Actually I started it for building some habits. But I found it's very useful for making a strong trading mind. It should be a great source of motivation for beginners, semi-professionals, if not for veterans.

Few short introduction for people who find these new.

Gamification is the idea of using techniques, points, penalties etc. that we find in video games to other areas of productivity. If you do something productive today, you get a point, to put it simple.

RPG , is Role Playing Game. Its a kind of game where the player plays the heroic role. Like car race, hunting monsters etc.

RPG in productivity and habit formation are found effective.

Here is how HabitRPG works

It's a web based game (Android app available), where you can create an account to play the game. HabitRPG provides four sections or four areas of productivity.

They are
1. Habits,
2. Dailies,
3. To-Dos,
4. Rewards

Let us confine our discussion to trading.

Habit : There are good and bad habits. With HabitRPG , you can create a habit you want to form, or a habit you want to strengthen. Some habits are positive, some are negative. Some habits can work both ways.

Example : 'Follow Your Trading System' is a habit. If you follow it in a trade, you click '+' and '-' if you don't. HabitRPG rewards you for following a positive habit, and punishes for doing a negative habit. The rewards are some points, gold etc., like we find in video games. Adding these reward points will take you next level of the game. Each level will unlock new game features. Let us not get into details.

Likewise, if you don't follow your trading system, then you click '-' to record it. When you hit bad habits, you lose your health in the game. The health points are 50. If you lose everything, you die in the game. So to keep you alive, you have to progress by following productive habits in the game.

Dailies:
'Do Pre Market Routine' can be a daily. Dailies are what we do on daily basis. If there is no market in week ends, you can select only week days for the daily. If you don't perform the daily, you lose your health by midnight (midnight is by default, buy you can have your own time settings). If you complete dailies, you will get rewards and can move on.

To-Dos.
This is simple to do list. But, if you complete a task, HabitRPG rewards in game. When a task is long pending, HabitRPG makes it in red. Every habit, daily and To-Dos starts as Yellow, turns reddish when not performed well. When a habit or daily is performed for good, the color changes to green and blue.

So strong and weak habits are striking to the eyes.

You can create following Habits, dailies

Habits
Weekly Analysis
Follow Trading System
Risk Reward Calculated
Right Entry/Wrong Entry

Dailies
Daily Analysis
Pre Market Routine
Meditate
Walk 2 kilo meters
Get to Bed early

To Do
Refine Exit
Redevelop Filters
Scan Computer for Virus

Rewards are of two types. Game rewards and user created rewards.

This video explains the basics

https://vimeo.com/57654086

I suggest to check the website and tutorial.
I was wondering if traderji members would find this stuff useful :)

https://habitrpg.com

EDIT
To make the game interesting, HabitRPG adds many Quests, Challenges which are some mission one has to complete alone or as a team.

Last edited: