Google Intraday Downloader -spreadsheet

Hi Bro
big thanx to u for giving this prescious diwali gift without which no technical analysis is possible .
Ieod Data is vital but i am facing some issues with this spread sheet
1)- some times it get stuck at some stock and then whole process gets stopped
Is it possible to spceify no of attempts to download after which it should skip that particular stock and shift to next stock
2)- unable to skip any particulay stock, only option available is to select all or single stock

thanX brother and waiting for ur updated version

For 2
You can copy paste your own list of symbols there (at cell A2)

BTW, never faced such a situation as mentioned, but IMO, simple solution will be to close and reopen, download sheet

adesara

Hi Bro
big thanx to u for giving this prescious diwali gift without which no technical analysis is possible .
Ieod Data is vital but i am facing some issues with this spread sheet
1)- some times it get stuck at some stock and then whole process gets stopped
Is it possible to spceify no of attempts to download after which it should skip that particular stock and shift to next stock
2)- unable to skip any particulay stock, only option available is to select all or single stock

thanX brother and waiting for ur updated version
You seem to have a unique problem can you tell me more? which version is giving this problem? Is it ver 2.2?
Have tried downloading that stock singly?
Have tried restarting Excel & SS.
Is Excel with all new updates? Does system have sufficient memory.

You must be aware that the stocklist is fully modifiable.
What surprises me is that in case of wrong stock name the SS simply gives a blank output it should not get stuck...

You seem to have a unique problem can you tell me more? which version is giving this problem? Is it ver 2.2?
Have tried downloading that stock singly?
Have tried restarting Excel & SS.
Is Excel with all new updates? Does system have sufficient memory.

You must be aware that the stocklist is fully modifiable.
What surprises me is that in case of wrong stock name the SS simply gives a blank output it should not get stuck...

thanx for prompt reply
i missed data from 9th sept and trying to updating the same ,during which faced above mentioned problem
I am using recent 2.2 version of spread sheet
Earlier I use to use amiquote provided with amibroker and it is regular finding that some stocks data not getting downloaded for that particular day from google finance.
system configuration is very good with excel updated sufficient memory
i think the same has happened yesterday with particular stock and whole download process stopped twice at that particular stock .
As amoquote has predifined 3 download attempt for particular stocks which can be implemented in this spread sheet which will help to avoid repeat downloading of data .
I am downloading around 1000 stocks iEOD data in 2 different sheet and if a stock at 300th no get stopped i need to repeat whole procedure right from 1st stock as there is no option to deselect that particular stock
Though the stock selection list is fully custamizable but we cant predict at which stock wont get updated at particular date so need to change stock list daly which is cubersome, stock names are fully checked by me and are correct .

adesara

thanx for prompt reply
i missed data from 9th sept and trying to updating the same ,during which faced above mentioned problem
I am using recent 2.2 version of spread sheet
Earlier I use to use amiquote provided with amibroker and it is regular finding that some stocks data not getting downloaded for that particular day from google finance.
system configuration is very good with excel updated sufficient memory
i think the same has happened yesterday with particular stock and whole download process stopped twice at that particular stock .
As amoquote has predifined 3 download attempt for particular stocks which can be implemented in this spread sheet which will help to avoid repeat downloading of data .
I am downloading around 1000 stocks iEOD data in 2 different sheet and if a stock at 300th no get stopped i need to repeat whole procedure right from 1st stock as there is no option to deselect that particular stock
Though the stock selection list is fully custamizable but we cant predict at which stock wont get updated at particular date so need to change stock list daly which is cubersome, stock names are fully checked by me and are correct .
Ok. Apparently its not a stock name related problem but to confirm Can you givr more details pl
downloading for single day? What interval?

adesara

As promised, here is the update which hopefully will solve problems for most of the users who want to only download data for use with mainly AB & MS. This version outputs in .txt file format and the output has column headers. So AB users will need to modify their .format file accordingly.

The SS speed is reasonably good in multi day downloads but it just excels in downloading data for intra-day update. In my laptop (i3/4gb/win7) & 25mbps today 1m min data test gave 110 stock data in 60 sec. With better system specs/internet speed it could be improved almost 50%. But be careful in bench marking output speeds as Google servers can be quite unpredictable during market hours and speeds come down substantially. Bench marking is best done during off market hours.

Enjoy..

https://www.4shared.com/s/fjGqwCr_6ei

Will recheck the codes this weekend and hopefully have solution. Pl bear with me.

Sir,
Thanks for developing this utility to download Intraday data. Heartily appreciate the efforts that may have gone in developing the code.
Just one more question. How can this be linked to LIVE FEED in Amibroker during market hours?
Not sure if there is some method already built in the file - which I may have missed out.
If not, can you please add that feature also - which will make this a complete version.

Thanks once again

Regards...A Bhapkar