Gold Trading !!!

vijkris

Learner and Follower
We are interested.

What is the first difference you see while trading commodities in comparison to equities ?
Will the pivot trading approach work?
thanks for showing interest and digging out this buried thread :thumb:

I see more profits in commo than eq, primarily bcos pivots/vwap/indicators is respected more in commo than eq. of course there are huge freak bars due to US news etc.
volatility is higher in mcx compared to eq.

abt pivot trading, I m yet to figure out. wide sl is dangerous here and for me pivots give wide sl, so I m not comfortable exactly.

vagar11

thanks for showing interest and digging out this buried thread :thumb:

I see more profits in commo than eq, primarily bcos pivots/vwap/indicators is respected more in commo than eq. of course there are huge freak bars due to US news etc.
volatility is higher in mcx compared to eq.

abt pivot trading, I m yet to figure out. wide sl is dangerous here and for me pivots give wide sl, so I m not comfortable exactly.
Crude gets affected by news a lot. Is there any site that give specific news about that can affect crude.

Also, in equities we often see movement in morning and afternoon and in between the movement is slow. Is there any pattern that you saw in commodities ? I know that US markets open at 8:00. So, we can see good movement around that time.

Last edited:

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Crude gets affected by news a lot. Is there any site that give specific news about that can affect crude.

Also, in equities we often see movement in morning and afternoon and in between the movement is slow. Is there any pattern that you saw in commodities ? I know that US markets open at 8:00. So, we can see good movement around that time.
I do not watch gold. only silvermic and crude. sometimes specially in US payroll news etc both show similar spikes.
evening session after 5pm is good for mcx trading as many international markets open at that time I think.
I do not see any websites but many advocate investing.com
it has live charts as well as news abt imp events.

Last edited: