Going long or short

Hi to all, first up i find this site extremely informative and would want to share my thoughts on some of the sectors which have not been performing in the last few sessions.
Banking has taken a huge hit lately due to the culmination of several factors like rising inflation , ever increasing interest rates , some RBI regulations and not much positive information coming out of the sector. Infact in the short to medium term the hike in interest rates will continue but the banking story is not over by any stretch of imagination.
Look at the low valuations of some of the big PSU banks and this coupled with their visibility ( even in rural areas )makes them an very attractive proposition. In the private sector ICICI will be a winner and by some distance purely because of its ever growing market share. This (market share) aspect is often ignored by both fundamental and technical analyst in my opinion.
Guys India is growing and to fund this growth you need banks . Also banks have grown over the years despite rising interest rates and liquidity restrictions imposed by RBI.
Tomorrow i would like to discuss about infrastructure before that im Looking forward to your opinion on this article.