Get bhav copy not working since 4 th march

many of the members of this form use getbahvcopy of Hemen kapadia for downloading eod datas from nse.The software is not working since 4th march..reallly we are handicapped now.Can any one suggest alternate software for downloading eod datas.

burai123

many of the members of this form use getbahvcopy of Hemen kapadia for downloading eod datas from nse.The software is not working since 4th march..reallly we are handicapped now.Can any one suggest alternate software for downloading eod datas.
use - " NSE EOD DATA DOWNLOADER".
easy and fast data downloader.

i have created a folder in my c drive.and selecting this as my path downloaded the eod datas from 4 th march to 22nd march from data downloader, then i imported the datas from this folder in to my nsedatafolder of amibroker that i had created for getbhavcopy datas.succeeded.But nifty index data i am nt getting......how to get this ? nse has changed the name of cnx nifty?

Last edited:
i have created a folder in my c drive.and selecting this as my path downloaded the eod datas from 4 th march to 22nd march from data downloader, then i imported the datas from this folder in to my nsedatafolder of amibroker that i had created for getbhavcopy datas.succeeded.But nifty index data i am nt getting......how to get this ? nse has changed the name of cnx nifty?
Thanx hemenjihe has updated the software

both getbhavcopy and volume digger data have errors, the technicalities of error are as follows..........

Getbhavcopy and Volume Digger both::::

1. It does not download data for the days where exchange is open on Saturdays (eg. 8th Sep-2012) and other holidays although bhavcopy is available at NSE site.
2. It adjusts for futures data (near, next,far or I,II,III) wrongly. eg. it assumes that all the tickers repeats three (3) times, so that it starts numbering all the respective lines as 1,2,3 in a loop which is wrong because sometimes NSE bhavcopy contains tickers which are only repeated two (2) times or less. In other words, NSE FO bhavcopy contains only tickers traded woth atleas one (1) contracts, zero trades meas no data for that stock or future in bhavcopy.

i request makers of these utilities to update these errors asap.

thanks for providing such great utilities, i appreciate your efforts.

mastermind007

both getbhavcopy and volume digger data have errors, the technicalities of error are as follows..........

1. It does not download data for the days where exchange is open on Saturdays (eg. 8th Sep-2012) and other holidays although bhavcopy is available at NSE site.
2. It adjusts for futures data (near, next,far or I,II,III) wrongly. eg. it assumes that all the tickers repeats three (3) times, so that it starts numbering all the respective lines as 1,2,3 in a loop which is wrong because sometimes NSE bhavcopy contains tickers which are only repeated two (2) times or less. In other words, NSE FO bhavcopy contains only tickers traded woth atleas one (1) contracts, zero trades meas no data for that stock or future in bhavcopy.

OH!!! Great You found the reason behind the error. I also had spotted the error but was unable to decipher the flaw.

mastermind007

It seems it only has one date that reports error and only for NSE. So, Skip that date and proceed with the rest.

You are absolutely right . This makes EOD exploration faulty many a times.

The developers of these softwares are really very humble to offer their help. If they could see this problem also then would be great.

I would mention about this problem at Hemen Kapadia's blog.