General Trading Chat

Any views on bombay dyeing? I'm looking to book profits. Please advice.
This was posted in March end. I booked 50% in April at about 250-260. Then I cried and cursed my luck for partially booking out because it rallied to 315 from there.
For the past few weeks it's locked in lower circuit (today at 110) and I am still crying why I did not book the entire holding at 250. :D :D

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Are there any reasons for you sensing such downside Siddhant sir? Aside from factors mentioned by ST ji.
The bull run was quite long this time. In fact, some consider that it's been running since 2009!

If you look at many banking/finance sector companies chart, you will see that some are going up on steep hill which defies gravity! Combine this with higher PE ratio for Nifty, world market in turmoil, political situation between US/China/Saudi/Brexit, USD/INR there are no good news anywhere to aid the bull .

Few words you will keep hearing soon in market 'running out of steam', 'what goes up has to come down'..

just my 2 cents!

You will get lots of buying opportunities soon, but just remember to do SIP for stocks picking like S_T da suggested. I did mistake in 2008 by investing all backup fund after my portfolio went 10% down and was left with negative portfolio for 3 years. And remember what's lucrative now may become penny stock within 1 year. Suzlon, RCOM, Punj Lloyd, Unitech, Idea, DLF, were once blue chip stocks.

Suzlon, RCOM, Punj Lloyd, Unitech, Idea, DLF, were once blue chip stocks.
10 years from now, we may add TataMotors to this list :). Remember TTML ?? What happened to it ?

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
NDA getting less number of seats is factored but some more possibilities are still not factored in my view....so it depends on how the end game is played by the parties...

Smart_trade
Don't want to politicise the thread, but black swan event after general election would be that BJP is forced to select another leader as PM to appease supporting parties.