General Trading Chat

Riskyman

India's IL&FS unable to meet interest payment obligations - From Reuters News feed.

NEW DELHI, Sept 21 (Reuters) - India's Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS) ILFSL.UL was unable to service its obligations on interest payments on non-convertible debentures that were due on Friday, the company said in a statement.

The company was also unable to meet its obligations for a letter of credit payment to IDBI Bank IDBI.NS , which were due on Thursday, it said in a stock exchange filing.

In recent days, the company has also said it has been unable to service its commercial paper obligations. On Sept. 15 IL&FS told the exchanges that it had received "notices for delays and defaults" in servicing some inter-corporate deposits.

Separately on Friday, IL&FS said its managing director and chief executive had resigned.

Riskyman

Biocon completed weekly sell 13 today.

Vivek
Biocon also painting huge divergence on weekly. However, given weakness in over all markets and USD/INR depreciation, money will look to hide in quality Pharma and IT stocks. So Biocon may push higher from here. Just my thoughts.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:
i doubt bro, i feel market might have reacted to DHFL news alone. because defaul in a finance company could trigger another lehman brothers story happened in 2008
True. I was thinking because cash (delivery) volumes were soaring but action in F&O was not that high. Btw DSP MF sold 300 cr worth of debt paper over two days in DHFL which probably triggered this panic.