General Trading Chat

The logic here is market moves in impulse and corrective waves....and we all know that impulse waves are strong ,fast and travels maximum distance and corrective waves are choppy,laborious,slow,and difficult to trade.So in any timeframe we have to identify the direction of impulse waves and align our position to direction of the impulse waves and rest of the job is done by impulse wave....

I always apply this logic to shorter timeframes ,though it is my own homegrown idea to apply it to find out which way is the impulse.....and it helps me a lot to position myself in the right direction...

So today’s example,the nifty made a bottom in the first 3 min bar and went up and made a small swing high in 6 th bar......if impulse was on the downside,it would have broken the low within next 6 bars....but as it did not,market was announcing that atleast for now the impulse is on the upside.......if you observe the nifty fut chart,it gave 2-3 more locations where the corrective wave on downside was long in duration and the next impulse broke it in less number of bars indicating to me that the market is telling us that it does not want to go down and the market did the same till the end.....

I have found this technique very useful....but use it as a technique and not as a trading system...it gives multiple entries in ongoing trends.....

Smart_ trade
I think this is similar to reading the TPOs and the TPO count on the Market profile albeit for a shorter period

The logic here is market moves in impulse and corrective waves....and we all know that impulse waves are strong ,fast and travels maximum distance and corrective waves are choppy,laborious,slow,and difficult to trade.So in any timeframe we have to identify the direction of impulse waves and align our position to direction of the impulse waves and rest of the job is done by impulse wave....

I always apply this logic to shorter timeframes ,though it is my own homegrown idea to apply it to find out which way is the impulse.....and it helps me a lot to position myself in the right direction...

So today’s example,the nifty made a bottom in the first 3 min bar and went up and made a small swing high in 6 th bar......if impulse was on the downside,it would have broken the low within next 6 bars....but as it did not,market was announcing that atleast for now the impulse is on the upside.......if you observe the nifty fut chart,it gave 2-3 more locations where the corrective wave on downside was long in duration and the next impulse broke it in less number of bars indicating to me that the market is telling us that it does not want to go down and the market did the same till the end.....

I have found this technique very useful....but use it as a technique and not as a trading system...it gives multiple entries in ongoing trends.....

Smart_ trade
Sir,
A great lesson.

Regards.
Vijay

If I may add, Impulse & Correction waves are also a function of the timeframe.
An impulse wave on the hourly chart could be a correction wave on the daily chart.
Attached the Sensex chart

View attachment 24825
Very true,market is the interplay of various degree waves all acting simultaneously. A correction in larger degree wave could be impulse in smaller degree wave...

Smart_trade

is there any pattern known as the Handle and the Cup or the Left Handed Cup ??

Is't forming on the nifty.

View attachment 24826

Not cup and handle it is, right ?
Bhai, then wait for few days. A similar right hand cup will also form in due course. And when it will be formed, it will be altogether a new formation, and you know the name of that new formation :)