General Trading Chat

Hi ST Sir,

Can you please suggest some good Small cap SIP's.

Thanks
Most of the fund houses have small cap funds....you can select from Reliance,HDFC,Mirae Asset,Franklin Templeton......staying in the fund for a long time will make all the difference to our wealth.

Smart_trade

St,

GM. Wanted a feedback.

In swing trading I have been keeping a SL and no targets. Trailing. So this has lead to low hitrate but at times high risk reward when it works. Now this has lead to many small losses and some scratches and few home runs. Volatility generally stops all trend followers. Yesterday again my stoploss was at the high of morning. we hit the high of morning but never really stayed there and it came down.

So I thought just to change the MM a little. Have very high stoploss/ as good as no SL. Just for the adverse scenario. The right way for me yesterday was fold if we consistently stay around yesterdays high. So I thought to refine the exit. SL should be based on charts scratches with some losses.

Again for targets rather than holding till trailing SL it would serve better to keep booking small profits unless we can get a big move our way which makes a feeling there is still some move left. The flip some of those rare big moves may not be fully capitalised.

In all just asking your experience as I cant really mechanically backtest the same. The same I thought just out my experience with the markets. The system with few homeruns is still working. Though I would feel a little better with some continuous small profits to keep somthing going and avoid those huge drawdowns.
Hi lemondew....

If you keep booking small profits,then how will you get large runs when markets trend because there also you will take small profits...so the key is develop an ability to judge when the market is making small moves and when the market is going to make a large move...this can be judged from the market action. Example : Bajaj Finance I had posted that in a weak market the stock is closing at all time high so it will go through the roof once the market improves a little...and see what it is doing...

Though I trade based on charts,I also give lots of importance to how market reacts to various events,news,support /resistances . But I feel that someone like XRAY who is a purely systems trader will be more qualified to help you with your questions.....he does lots of backtests too which will be of help to you...

Smart_trade

lemondew

SL on close of a bar above a value. Did you mean index spending sometime above levels. Will that reduce scenarios where the level is just hit and a fall. Flip side is sometimes it may just be a larger Stop but a satisfaction our reading was wrong

Hi lemondew....

If you keep booking small profits,then how will you get large runs when markets trend because there also you will take small profits...so the key is develop an ability to judge when the market is making small moves and when the market is going to make a large move...this can be judged from the market action. Example : Bajaj Finance I had posted that in a weak market the stock is closing at all time high so it will go through the roof once the market improves a little...and see what it is doing...

Though I trade based on charts,I also give lots of importance to how market reacts to various events,news,support /resistances . But I feel that someone like XRAY who is a purely systems trader will be more qualified to help you with your questions.....he does lots of backtests too which will be of help to you...

Smart_trade