General Trading Chat

Bajaj Finance seems to have set up itself for much higher prices.....it has gone above its sequential stoploss indicating that the stock is going still higher.It is scaling new highs in otherwise quiet market.

Smart_trade

travi

Bajaj Finance seems to have set up itself for much higher prices.....it has gone above its sequential stoploss indicating that the stock is going still higher.It is scaling new highs in otherwise quiet market.

Smart_trade
something churning in pnbhousing too. The entire Housing finance space seems to be on the rise again.
Finance Cos in general probably getting support from Bond yields ranging.

something churning in pnbhousing too. The entire Housing finance space seems to be on the rise again.
Finance Cos in general probably getting support from Bond yields ranging.
HDFC and Kotak Bank are eyeing to acquire some stake in PNB Housing finance....both these companies are successful and astute asset allocators and PNB the parent bank is in desparate need to get money after the damage of Neerav Modi problem....so a strong financial partner is good for PNB Housing Finance company.

Smart_trade

lemondew

Nice one.

I like these statements
"we are after all humans and prone to error and emotions. I, in fact in my trading now, have taken into account two wrong trades in my calculations. So when they do come I do not feel bad about it. The idea is not to lose too much when they do appear.

I have observed from my track record earlier that if I get several losing trades I tend to take a bigger position. So now I have a checklist approach of taking a trade. If one goes through 4-5 losing trades the mind would come up with all sorts of excuses not to take the next trade. For me, the checklist helps in pressing the trigger on the next trade."

Best to keep it simple and go with the flow as you said. Deal with the downs along with the ups.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

Smart_trade
Sequential stoploss was hit at 2293, it's out of bounds, no idea where it will halt to give a reentry.

Vivek

Nice one.

I like these statements
"we are after all humans and prone to error and emotions. I, in fact in my trading now, have taken into account two wrong trades in my calculations. So when they do come I do not feel bad about it. The idea is not to lose too much when they do appear.

I have observed from my track record earlier that if I get several losing trades I tend to take a bigger position. So now I have a checklist approach of taking a trade. If one goes through 4-5 losing trades the mind would come up with all sorts of excuses not to take the next trade. For me, the checklist helps in pressing the trigger on the next trade."

Best to keep it simple and go with the flow as you said. Deal with the downs along with the ups.
Most important takeaway from that interview is as he trades trend following methods, he trades only when the market breaksout above either previous days range or 40 days moving average and above/below the Bollinger bands. So he is waiting for breakout from the range and then taking a trade which is the right way to do for a trend following system.He gets 2-3 trades in a week and does not trade every day.

Smart_trade

lemondew

Is that the essence of high success rate. He says he has success rate of 60 and 80 for intra and swing. St da do you also have a high success rate in swing.?

I have a much lower success rate. Would love some thoughts/explanations on keeping the success rate higher.

Its also possible my system is about maturing and I do take trades which I feel might work. That may contribute to not necessarily always trading a certain set of rules.

Most important takeaway from that interview is as he trades trend following methods, he trades only when the market breaksout above either previous days range or 40 days moving average and above/below the Bollinger bands. So he is waiting for breakout from the range and then taking a trade which is the right way to do for a trend following system.He gets 2-3 trades in a week and does not trade every day.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Is that the essence of high success rate. He says he has success rate of 60 and 80 for intra and swing. St da do you also have a high success rate in swing.?

I have a much lower success rate. Would love some thoughts/explanations on keeping the success rate higher.

Its also possible my system is about maturing and I do take trades which I feel might work. That may contribute to not necessarily always trading a certain set of rules.
Yes,this fact I have always said that if you are trading a trend following system then trade when the market breaksout/down.....if one starts trading a trend following system in trending as well as sideways, the success rate goes down because the system chops in a sideways phase.

To recognise when the market is in trend and when it is not in trend one has to use some parameters as that trader is using.....

Smart_trade