General Trading Chat

ST sir,

With pharma showing some recovery, any suggestions on pharma based MF or SIP (other than Reliance pharma).

Also Mirae asset Healthcare find NFO is closing on 25th (tomorrow). Is this a good fund too?

thanks

He did not make $6.6 billion. That was the notional value of all of the contracts that he traded. Nonetheless, it looks like he still made 11 million (but broker still hasn't paid him that money), which is still amazing but he could have easily lost hundreds of millions, which could have irreparably ruined his life. Great story anyway!

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
He did not make $6.6 billion. That was the notional value of all of the contracts that he traded. Nonetheless, it looks like he still made 11 million (but broker still hasn't paid him that money), which is still amazing but he could have easily lost hundreds of millions, which could have irreparably ruined his life. Great story anyway!
;) My post was a pure joke (secret strategies & using the heading of that topic $6.6 billion) :DD to attract member to read the full story.
But, it is actually a Big lesson for traders, that EMOTION is the GREATEST OBSTACLE in trading. Why traders can make big money easily with demo account but failed with real money. Same story all over the world.

That trader had initially thought he was trading on a practice platform where trading limits did not apply, rather than, as it turned out, a live one. “There was a mistake on his account,” This meant Traore “could buy unlimited contracts” in real time.

But it is important to note it was not the single trade. Yes, he made big loss, in first trade initially leaving him with a 2.4 million euro loss but, he changed his script, lot size, and tactics freely bcoz he was thinking he was trading with the demo.
He next traded with S&P500 futures and managed to close his position with a profit of $13.6 million.

It's actually a lesson to learn for all the traders, that novice trader made all these money bcoz he was thinking he was trading a demo account, he was fearless/tensionless. :cool: That's real-life lesson why traders make lots of money in demo account,, traders implement the strategies there without emotion.

This STORY is about Greatest Lesson to learn that
'Human Emotion' is the Greatest Obstacle in trading.

Last edited:
ST sir,

With pharma showing some recovery, any suggestions on pharma based MF or SIP (other than Reliance pharma).

Also Mirae asset Healthcare find NFO is closing on 25th (tomorrow). Is this a good fund too?

thanks
Pharma stocks seems to have bottomed out.If you see why these stocks were falling it is mostly because of US drug regulator actions .The companies were not making losses and most of them were profitable companies. Companies take 1-1.5 years to remove all the objections of US drug administrator and now most companies are getting their plants cleared from the drug regulator and the pharma companies seem to have seen their worst period.

3-4 pharma companies will do very well but one can participate in the sector through pharma sector mutual funds.Pharma,hospitals,diagnostic sector will do well .Mirae asset healthcare NFO looks promising.

Smart_trade

;) My post was a pure joke (secret strategies & using the heading of that topic $6.6 billion) :DD to attract member to read the full story.
But, it is actually a Big lesson for traders, that EMOTION is the GREATEST OBSTACLE in trading. Why traders can make big money easily with demo account but failed with real money. Same story all over the world.

That trader had initially thought he was trading on a practice platform where trading limits did not apply, rather than, as it turned out, a live one. “There was a mistake on his account,” This meant Traore “could buy unlimited contracts” in real time.

But it is important to note it was not the single trade. Yes, he made big loss, in first trade initially leaving him with a 2.4 million euro loss but, he changed his script, lot size, and tactics freely bcoz he was thinking he was trading with the demo.
He next traded with S&P500 futures and managed to close his position with a profit of $13.6 million.

It's actually a lesson to learn for all the traders, that novice trader made all these money bcoz he was thinking he was trading a demo account, he was fearless/tensionless. :cool: That's real-life lesson why traders make lots of money in demo account,, traders implement the strategies there without emotion.

This STORY is about Greatest Lesson to learn that
'Human Emotion' is the Greatest Obstacle in trading.
Actually, it seems like he first put on a trade worth 1.2 billion in Eurostoxx50, & lost 2.4 millions, & THAT'S WHEN he realized that he'd made a gargantuan mistake, so decided to make the losses back KNOWING that it was live-trading, & he took on almost 5 times the earlier position, worth 5.3 billion in S&P500; & of course, it's not considered good trading to double, triple, let alone quintuple your trade-position after a loss, it's called revenge-trading. It may have been justifiable in his case since he was probably not going to be able to pay 2.4 million loss back anyway, so he decided to take even greater risks to get back in the positive but generally speaking, that's not at all a sound strategy to emulate.
So again, when he made those profits, he was likely aware that he was trading Live; so, he took on an enormous amount of risk & he was incredibly lucky to have made those profits.
And, while I completely agree with you that our emotions are one of our biggest enemies in trading, I highly doubt most people make any profits even on demo-trading, over hundreds or thousands of trades, unless trading-costs & slippages are completely ignored; usually, most people either don't demo-trade at all or make some lucky profits on a handful of trades & think that they're ready to trade at their full risk-amount on a live-account.

This was when he built up the huge futures positions. He told Reuters that he only realised he was trading “live” when he saw he had reached losses amounting to a million euros.
“I thought that it was the end of my life. I thought how am I going to pay back all that?”, Traore said, adding it was then that he decided to try to trade his way back to a profit.