General Trading Chat

travi

Sir,
I have two sets of data on daily, one based on last traded price close and the other based on post-market adjusted close. Which one should be used for counts? Would it be better if LTP data be used for stocks and adjusted data for indices?
Technically if you use an official vendors feed, all data gets downloaded every time symbol is loaded and they have their prices adjusted EoD as per the exchange.
Next day the data will be free from defects (as much as possible)

sometimes many ticks are missed and therefore PDH, PDL and PC may not match that of the exchange.

One way i get around this problem is to have a separate DB and just use NSE ABCD and download the NSE bhavcopy daily data and use it.
My suggestion is to stick with all counting using these data sets bcos the rest of the PROs will most likely be using the most accurate data set.

LTP and close are almost never the same but close (last half hour weighted calc) is the more logical way and that is why it is there in the first place.

EDIT: I've had a few instances where a stop will be PDH or PDL but using inaccurate data as shifted the stops and ended up getting taken out.
Had it been the official one trade would be ok, this may be some coincidences but think what the Pro's would be doing.

Last edited:

pannet1

no such shrtcut in Nest,u hv 2 calculate it manually..

(buy/short sell price and current price diff )X (lot size/share quntity)
Assume i have bought crudem on 2nd may and squared off on 3rd may..
Again i have bought it on 11thmay and carrying it till today.
Will the buy price be average buy price including the squared off trade or only the 2nd trade.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Technically if you use an official vendors feed, all data gets downloaded every time symbol is loaded and they have their prices adjusted EoD as per the exchange.
Next day the data will be free from defects (as much as possible)

sometimes many ticks are missed and therefore PDH, PDL and PC may not match that of the exchange.

One way i get around this problem is to have a separate DB and just use NSE ABCD and download the NSE bhavcopy daily data and use it.
My suggestion is to stick with all counting using these data sets bcos the rest of the PROs will most likely be using the most accurate data set.

LTP and close are almost never the same but close (last half hour weighted calc) is the more logical way and that is why it is there in the first place.

EDIT: I've had a few instances where a stop will be PDH or PDL but using inaccurate data as shifted the stops and ended up getting taken out.
Had it been the official one trade would be ok, this may be some coincidences but think what the Pro's would be doing.
Ravi bhai, yes NSE bhavcopy gives adjusted close (and not LTP), thing is there is a hell lot of difference between the two in EOD data, many trades don't exist if one counts as per LTP data and few which appeared to have jumped at CD11/12 actually completed their counts as per LTP data. It's very disturbing and annoying when one gets into a trade on wrong data or misses a great trade because of the same.
What you are essentially saying is pros use adjusted data and for that NSE bhavcopy is good enough, is that right?
Do you have information, that what do vendors like esignal provide? LTP close or adjusted close?

Last edited:

Satya.

Assume i have bought crudem on 2nd may and squared off on 3rd may..
Again i have bought it on 11thmay and carrying it till today.
Will the buy price be average buy price including the squared off trade or only the 2nd trade.
as soon as u sq off d posision,its ovr right
when u buy again latr sm day den its a frsh order,so buy price is avrg buy price of 2nd trd taken on 11th only

travi

Ravi bhai, yes NSE bhavcopy gives adjusted close (and not LTP), thing is there is a hell lot of difference between the two in EOD data, many trades don't exist if one counts as per LTP data and few which appeared to have jumped at CD11/12 actually completed their counts as per LTP data. It's very disturbing and annoying when one gets into a trade on wrong data or misses a great trade because of the same.
What you are essentially saying is pros use adjusted data and for that NSE bhavcopy is good enough, is that right?
Do you have information, that what do vendors like esignal provide? LTP close or adjusted close?
Its very evident that its adjusted close, even from the TV channels etc bcos that reflects in daily % values that appear in the current session.
If you check the %change and calculate with prev day LTP and adjusted close.
it'll unanimously match with NSE %change and that's very clear what the close price is, ie. the adjusted close being used.

%change = (LTP - PC) / PC where LTP is current sessions LTP and PC is prev close.

Official vendors seem to adjust all the relevant data and appears in next trading session.

pannet1

bt u knw all dis as u r trdin frm a long tym :oops:
i am trading with indian markets very recently (2 years max). i used NEST for a less number of times and usually got stuck with 0dha s**t. just went deep into it now could not get away.