Will it drag Nifty as much low

I dont think so

Though, at present, Nifty position is like
'a cat sitting on the wall'

If one thinks there is much more profit via buyback route
then think again
buyback is supposed to be an off market transaction
and so
taxation rules will be different from STT paid transactions.
and so IT will be 20% if holding is for more than 3 years for LTCG,
and if less than 3 years then it will be treated as STCG and taxation at your tax rate.

So, take care.

If one thinks there is much more profit via buyback route
then think again
buyback is supposed to be an off market transaction
and so
taxation rules will be different from STT paid transactions.
and so IT will be 20% if holding is for more than 3 years for LTCG,
and if less than 3 years then it will be treated as STCG and taxation at your tax rate.

So, take care.
Earlier the buyback used to be off market but these days,the buyback is done through BSE by routing the transaction through BSE and paying STT on the same.So it satisfies conditions of LTCG after 1 year holding.I have participated in TCS buyback and it was routed through BSE through a special segment of BSE, different settlement number,settlement period as the entire period of the buyback....there was proper contract for the buyback and STT was charged.

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Earlier the buyback used to be off market but these days,the buyback is done through BSE by routing the transaction through BSE and paying STT on the same.So it satisfies conditions of LTCG after 1 year holding.I have participated in TCS buyback and it was routed through BSE through a special segment of BSE, different settlement number,settlement period as the entire period of the buyback....there was proper contract for the buyback and STT was charged.

Smart_trade
My previous post (on taxation of buyback) was based on an answer given by a CA Ms Preeti Khurana, yesterday evening in the program TaxGuru by CNBC Awaz. The same program will be repeated today at 11.00 pm

PUCHU_2500

(jalpesh 123),
Inka post sayed delete kar diya gaya, mera bhi edit kar liya.......chalu maal tha !!

Last edited:

checkmate7