Gecko's Trading Diary

Cheers everyone,

I've been a lurker in these forums since a long time. Now I have decided to be more active in forum participation and also share my strategies and trades on the market. I hope sharing this will help me learn and improve my skills as a trader/investor.

Today I plan to buy a NIFTY call depending on how NIFTY opens up. 5800 CE is what I'm looking at.

Also if the market goes up in the short term, I'm planning to sell a NIFTY call, somewhere safer at 6100 or 6200. But the premium has to improve from current levels for me to enter that trade.

Taiki

Good luck Gecko :)

Thanks taiki.

Here's an update on Fridays trade. Although I wasn't able to buy the call since nifty opened with a gap up. But I have sold a nifty call at 6100 at 23.5.

The market closed off its high so I'm quite hopeful but looking at the US job data, the market will probably be bullish. Fingers crossed.

arcus

Thanks taiki.

Here's an update on Fridays trade. Although I wasn't able to buy the call since nifty opened with a gap up. But I have sold a nifty call at 6100 at 23.5.

The market closed off its high so I'm quite hopeful but looking at the US job data, the market will probably be bullish. Fingers crossed.
The market can interpret it either way.

One interpretation could be the increased unwinding of the QE by the US Fed as the Job market and the US economy is improving and hence the better than expected US Job data could actually be a negative for the Indian market.

On the other hand, an improving US economy gives hope that the world is coming out of a recession and may act as positive sentiment boost.

Its hard to predict the markets reaction to a particular news report as there are a lot of factors at play.

Well, today's sentiment was negative for the NIFTY, probably because of the way rupee is falling. I should have squared off my position when the NIFTY 6100 CE was trading at around 9Rs. But I held on to the position in the hope that the market will fall again. Let's see what this decision will cost me. The market recovered a bit but has still closed in the red.

Asian markets were weak, but Europe is trading strong and so has US. Let's see what the week has in store. :confused: Would have sold a NIFTY PUT if the market had gone down further. But I guess that will have to wait.

Well, I squared off my position yesterday early morning when the market wasn't doing much. A bit of a hasty decision which I very much regretted when the market fell in the last couple of trading hours. Would have made a tidy profit if I had held on to the trade. Anyway here's the summary of the trade.

NIFTY CE 6100 sold at 23.5 and squared off at 16.

Also before closing of trade yesterday, I entered into another trade.

NIFTY PE 5500 sold at 16.5. This is the only open position as of now.

Yesterday all the world markets were more or less flat. DJI closed mildly in the positive yesterday. Asian markets trading in positive, if not strongly. Let's see how the markets will do today. All the best to everyone.