headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Was reading this answer about Futures First.
https://www.quora.com/How-Tejas-Khoday-got-into-Futures-First-India-despite-being-a-Non-IITian

Just remembered the day I had given the interview in FF after my engineering (though was not aware of trading then) however I had not cleared the written exam :D:yuck:
With personal interaction, I found most of the educated successful traders here are coming from science/economics/MBA/CA background. And rest of them mostly from business/entrepreneur background.
This completes the list of 80-90%. Overall, we are all mostly like minded people, so attracted to the same financial market... :)
----------------
Wish you all, happy 70th anniversary of Indian independence.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
HI Iam Murali krishna and aim using fyers for quiet sometime..all i can say its true dedication to evolve so quickly..i have no complaints so far because their software os too far away from many brokers availble now.I have one idea for Tejas..Recently i was been bombarded with people can we have our own programing code ..so,you can make offer like have idea and we can code Pine script and good backtested can be put in self and available for Purchase ..so its like i can buy good indi and it reflects to my own account only....so..u can brig new pine scripters as well as for purchase you can share from parent tradingview also with person who coded it....its time that u can do anything u want..OH iam creating free for amibroker but their you are purchasing thirdparty data to run in amibroker...so..u can have more flexible usage..
Hi Murali, Thanks thanks for appreciating us and for your suggestions. I am eager to know the size of Amibroker AFL coders and Pinescript users in India. If you'll give me an estimate can build a system to integrate that as well. You can PM for personal conversations. I want to build a framework after discussing with some veterans on this site. Feel free to chat with me. We are open to implementing multiple ways for people to code their strategies and execute through us.

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
With personal interaction, I found most of the educated successful traders here are coming from science/economics/MBA/CA background. And rest of them mostly from business/entrepreneur background.
This completes the list of 80-90%. Overall, we are all mostly like minded people, so attracted to the same financial market... :)
----------------
Wish you all, happy 70th anniversary of Indian independence.
You mentioned all the major fields of education; "science/economics/MBA/CA background. And rest of them mostly from business/entrepreneur background". Just saying.. :)

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
You mentioned all the major fields of education; "science/economics/MBA/CA background. And rest of them mostly from business/entrepreneur background". Just saying.. :)
Following are mainly out from my list...
  • Education under Arts/Designing &/ Humanities (like creative and social environment) A large number of people @civil service jobs, teachers etc from this background.
  • People with commerce background other than CA like
  • Insurance
  • Law
  • Media/Mass Communication
  • Cost and Work Accountancy
  • Banking Stuff
  • Marketing
I just researched a bit to understand the education patterns of successful trader's & from which section of society they mostly come.
Now Just shared my understanding in details of the other side. It's just my understanding of the truth in general. But there is always an exception to the Rule and most of other 10-20% winners are coming from this group. IMO.

Last edited:

Raj232

Hey All, you might find this feature useful on Fyers One. You can identify the most active derivative contracts across all scrips using this tool. I've written a post about this a while ago: https://www.fyers.in/analyse-active-futures-and-options-contracts-fyers-one/
@Tejas Khoday : Agreed that the so called tool is something better than nothing, but how does it help make money to the trader. it just like following the herd.. who eventually loses money. The so called analysis is no analysis at all... wont you agree. I posted earlier about the Greeks for option analysis. Hope you still have it in your "to-do" list.

Waiting for the real analysis :) Thanks in advance !

Mukr

Tejas Khoday

Co-Founder & CEO, FYERS
@Tejas Khoday : Agreed that the so called tool is something better than nothing, but how does it help make money to the trader. it just like following the herd.. who eventually loses money. The so called analysis is no analysis at all... wont you agree. I posted earlier about the Greeks for option analysis. Hope you still have it in your "to-do" list.

Waiting for the real analysis :) Thanks in advance !
Hey, it's always the combination of features and how you use it that gives traders the edge. Active contracts show you where the maximum interest is. How it can be used is subjective. Same goes with all other features included in charting, heatmaps etc. Our job is to deliver useful stuff.

Features help you analyze and it's not an analysis engine in itself. Yes, I have noted your feedback regarding Greeks and it is in our to do list.