Free DesiTraderMall MCX EOD data

I need not elaborate the frustration you must have undergone when DesiTraderMall went Paid...
Well this guide will enable you to get data similar to DTM csv from the MCX Website which will never become paid (Hopefully :))

Just carry out Steps 1-6, Others are for computer semi-literates (no offence intended)

I've tried to make it as Idiot-Proof as possible by including pictures, nevertheless questions and comments are most welcome.

lets start..

1) Visit http://www.mcxindia.com/SitePages/BhavCopy.aspx?sLinkPage=Y

[http: //w ww .mcxindia.c om/Site Pag es/Bhav Copy.as px?sLink Page=Y (remove all spaces) ]

2) Choose the date for which you require data and then click go. Then right click on 'View In Excel' and then click "Save Link As" in Firefox or "Save Target As" in Internet Explorer..

3) Save the file as C:\data.csv as shown below.

Last edited:
Conversion of MCX to DTM

Continuing here due to restriction on number of images..

4) The data you downloaded should now be converted to Desi Trader Mall (DTM) csv format so that you can add it to your existing amibroker/metastock database. (i recommend amibroker). The conversion from MCX format to DTM format is done by using an Excel Macro. I've included the macro i've created along with this post as an attachment (Only available to "GOLD" Members or else wait for 5 days after you click the link, just kidding lol. sorry DTM)

Download the excel file attached in this post and open it

5) Hopefully everything went well... Now go to the developer ribbon and then click run macro (if you get an error here read my post below). Then click run. VOILA !! your data is in dtm format !!!

6) Close Excel now and dont save changes. Your MCX to DTM converted file is found in your C:\ drive as dtm.csv which you can import into Amibroker.

Thats all you need to do!! If you get some security errors then continue reading...

Last edited:
Macro Security

YOU NEED TO CARRY OUT THE PROCEDURES SHOWN IN THE POSTS BELOW ONLY ONCE

When you open convertor.xls if you see something like this:

Then click options and enable this content as shown and click ok

Last edited:
Macro Security

If macros are not allowed to run

1) Go to the Developer tab and then click macro security

click ok

2) Restart MS Excel (close and then open)

Last edited:
Macro security error

If you don't see the developer tab then

1) Go to excel and click the office logo on the top left..

2) Enable the show developer ribbon and click ok

Last edited:
Interesting. At most I feel this seems like a Advertisement for Desi Trader Mall than a alternative. After all, after seeing the process, more people may flock to DTM rather than spend around 20 - 30 minutes (for semi computer literates like me) compared to spending 2 minutes to download and import data. You must ask DTM for a commission if they get more members seeing this :) (kidding). What about NCDEX?

Dear neil.nitk

I don t have SAVE LINK AS as shown in pic no.2

so what i do?:(

and Mr.sage2004
pls read it carefullly he is not doing advt.for DTM:p:p

Dear neil.nitk

I don t have SAVE LINK AS as shown in pic no.2

so what i do?:(

and Mr.sage2004
pls read it carefullly he is not doing advt.for DTM:p:p
Nah! I know :)

But process is quite complicated and hence the remark. If he could do it automatically (just a exe file), it will be of immense help.

ya I m with sage2004 only for the point that system is too much complicated!!!

Pls try to some option to simplify it. if u have any....

I m using XP SP3 and Office2003
just for ur info.

kindly show me the way which i can use wth above O S.

thanks