Following Rakesh Jhunjhunwala

Hello Friends,

I have a question since long time whether it is possible to participate in multi-baggers of RJ. This is what i am planning for now.

Since his buys/sells are news, so by having Google alerts/interviews i would be knowing his investment decisions. Just keep on doing the same thing what he does all the time, year after year. I hope i can get some big fish some time.

I have seen VIP Industries, i myself bought but sold for 20% only to regret now. That time i never imagined VIP would trend so heavily.

What you think? Is it possible?...seniors please guide me as i do know some TA tools but zero FA.

Kamlesh Uttam

rajeshn2007

You never know when he sells and his short positions in futures (of his holdings). Also, he has many accounts/other holders .

If you don't know FA or TA , no problem, invest in top performing mutual funds.

PGDIMES

Hello Friends,

I have a question since long time whether it is possible to participate in multi-baggers of RJ. This is what i am planning for now.

Since his buys/sells are news, so by having Google alerts/interviews i would be knowing his investment decisions. Just keep on doing the same thing what he does all the time, year after year. I hope i can get some big fish some time.

I have seen VIP Industries, i myself bought but sold for 20% only to regret now. That time i never imagined VIP would trend so heavily.

What you think? Is it possible?...seniors please guide me as i do know some TA tools but zero FA.

Kamlesh Uttam
If you are happy with 18-24% return after tax, you should surely follow RJ's bigger investments. You can avoid his 5-10 crore investments. But RJ has different avenues of investing. He also invests like Private Equity. You can't copy his all types of investments.

21 Investing Principles Utilized by Peter Lynch

1. When the operas outnumber the football games three to zero, you know here is something wrong with your life.
2. Gentlemen who prefer bonds don't know what they are missing.
3. Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon.
4. You can't see the future through a rear view mirror.
5.There's no point paying Yo-Yo Ma to play a radio.
6. As long as you're picking a fund, you might as well pick a good one.
7. The extravagance of any corporate office is directly proportional to management's reluctance to reward the shareholders.
8. When yields on long-term government bonds exceed the dividend yield of the S&P 500 by 6 percent or more, sell your stocks and buy bonds.
9.Not all common stocks are equally common.
10.Never look back when you're driving on the autobahn.
11. Never bet on a comeback while they're playing "Taps".
12. The best stock to buy may be the one you already own.
13. A sure cure for taking a stock for granted is a big drop in the price.
14. If you like the store, chances are you'll love the stock.
15. When insiders are buying, it's a good sign -- unless they happen to be New England bankers.
16. In business, competition is never as healthy as total domination.
17. All else being equal, invest in the company with the fewest color photographs in the annual report.
18. When even the analysts are bored, it's time to start buying.
19. Unless you're a short seller or a poet looking for a wealthy spouse, it never pays to be pessimistic.
20. Corporations, like people, change their names for one of two reasons: either they've gotten married, or they've been involved in some fiasco that they hope the public will forget.
21. Whatever the queen is selling, buy it. (when the government privatizes a company, buy it).

These are the six investments of RJ in the last 03 years.

1. VIP Industries.........Luggage and Accessories

2. Rallis India..............Agri Inputs

3. Pipavav Defence......Defence Engineering

4. Sterling Holidays......Tourism

5. Delta Corp..............Gaming, Entertainment

6. Orchid Chemicals......Pharma Sector

All businesses should grow as our population increases and middle class swells.
Regarding company managements let me believe in RJ's decision.

VJAY

These are the six investments of RJ in the last 03 years.

1. VIP Industries.........Luggage and Accessories

2. Rallis India..............Agri Inputs

3. Pipavav Defence......Defence Engineering

4. Sterling Holidays......Tourism

5. Delta Corp..............Gaming, Entertainment

6. Orchid Chemicals......Pharma Sector

All businesses should grow as our population increases and middle class swells.
Regarding company managements let me believe in RJ's decision.
Today he unloaded major stakes from VIP india.........:)

SexyTrader

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala is an experienced trader no doubt...

But no one is God-of-the-markets, hence he lost a lot of money this year! Check for yourself http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ad...-trading-yearmy-life-jhunjhunwala_605570.html

And since he has already built his wealth over a period of time, losing a few crores here and there is small fry for him!

So following his portfolio is not a wise thing....he has his own reasons for holding stakes which may or may not match with our thinking.

Imagine someone losing that kind of money he considers small fry ?

Last edited:

looser

Uttam u r a good trader, follow urself and u'll be a happy man

SexyTrader

Forget Rakesh Jhunjhunwala....with due respect, I do not think he is extra-ordinary. Just another person wishing to be Warren Buffett!

This guy know everyone follows what he buys/sells, so getting such an audience is crucial for them.....Obviously he will "sell" once the news has pumped the stake enough! He is not waiting to share his wealth with anyone nor is he trying to create wealth for the majority, so hoping you replicate his strategy will make gains is like wishing mangoes coming off an apple tree! :p

The ONLY true value-investor is Warren Buffett..........NOT Rakesh Jhunjhunwala!

Simply mouthing "similar sounding Buffettisms" does not make a value-investor! You'll know what I mean if you click this http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/ad...-trading-yearmy-life-jhunjhunwala_605570.html

Simple! :)

Last edited: