Fast NSE EOD Bhavcopy Downloader (Metastock edition)

Hello Friends,
I have made a program to download NSE Stock EOD Bhavcopies and also to download previous Bhavcopies historical data given a selected period.

Since it is a very small program it is really fast... It is faster than hemen's getbhavcopy(which i previously used)... I have not checked it with other downloaders...

The data is downloaded in ASCII format, so that it is easy to import them and convert them to MetaStock format using "The Downloader"

If anyone is interested in having a look at it download it from here

Code:
Installation
    Just Extract the contents of the zip file to C:\
    Create a directory C:\Bhavcopy

Steps to Run the Program
*    Click on start
*    Click on Run
*    Type cmd in the box
*    Press Enter
*    Type dl <year>
        where <year> maybe 1996,..., 2008, 2009
        The program will download and save the bhavcopy files starting from   
        1 January of the given year till today
        For example: dl 2009, will download all bhavcopy files from 1 Jan     
        2009 till today. If previous files are allready downloaded then it will skip downloading those files. I have tested it starting from 1996...

*    When the program has downloaded the files, you can see those files in C:\Bhavcopy
Please give me some feed back I would appreciate it very much.

Thanks
R Ghosh

Hi Ghosh

I came to this thread searching exactly what you have given.
Its really amazing program. Good work done.
Thanks a lot.

Dear can i request a couple of things from you.
1) can i covert all these text files at one go to metastock files (may be via ASCII )
2) If you can add to download Futures also in the program.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi All,

I'm new to TA and metastock. That's why this silly Q's. After downloading EOD Bhavcopy to C:\some folder. How can i load that into metastock. I have saw in the tutorial how to download from vendor (for data on demand). But I would like to use local data. Please help me

Thanks

Downloaded Dl.exe file. As instructed created C:\bhavcopy. but when Dl.exe is double clicked a DOS prompt appears and then disappears. Any problem.

i solved it by using the following method. In RUN i have executed cmd command.
In the Dos window when dl 2006 is executed the down load takes place. A nice utility. Thanks for the same.

krm

Thank you sir, now it's working.
I couldnt use it. I had copied application in c drive and also made a folder (Bhavcopy) start run cmd then dl 2009 enter.
It shows dl is not recognized as internal or external command, operable command or batch file.

Can you help me please?

krm