ETFs vs Mutual Funds

Class

MF's generally underperform the market. Index ETF's are seen to generally outperform the index and have lower costs and can be easily traded.

I don't have experience with ETF's but I'm researching and would want to put some cash into an index ETF when we get the next correction, if it comes.

Have you a sibling who has recently joined? Multiple id's :confused:

ETF yes are the way forwrd since the price availibitly is real time and also the cost is much lower.

But in the Indian context tere are a few fund schemes who will out perform such ETF since they offer blended styles and market cap all inone so makes easy to hold one apaper.

mehul

rajeshn2007

MF's generally underperform the market. Index ETF's are seen to generally outperform the index and have lower costs and can be easily traded.

I don't have experience with ETF's but I'm researching and would want to put some cash into an index ETF when we get the next correction, if it comes.

Have you a sibling who has recently joined? Multiple id's :confused:
Hi,
Top Mutual funds outperform the markets, some of them fair poorly.
But ETFs don't ourperform, they are nothing but relfecting the indices.
So they are expected to give the index returns - not more or not less.

Class

Personally I'd be happy to OUTPERFORM the markets even if "fairly poorly"!:rofl:

What I don't understand is that if the Index ETF is traded like a stock, and mostly traded by buy & hold 'investors', then why doesn't the 'stock price' exceed the performance of the index? When the index declines and no one sells their shares of the ETF, then why should the ETF price mirror the Index? Where does the money go?

Hi,
Top Mutual funds outperform the markets, some of them fair poorly.
But ETFs don't ourperform, they are nothing but relfecting the indices.
So they are expected to give the index returns - not more or not less.