Equity master questions

manga

Hello All,
I am looking at equity master.com and am looking for some advice on them.
Am thinking of subscribing and i need some advice on the quality of their recommendations.

Thanks for your time.

/Jack

gsn57iaf

As on date all recommendations by Equity Master or by any other agency will give you negative result as market has gone down considerably. Best thing is to invest in Blue Chips now in SIP for sure gains in future.

manga

Okay, I had earlier invested in stocks and made loss.

I stopped investing it in the last 4 years. I want to invest again
now that i have some money to invest on equities rather than
idling it in the bank.

I wanted some professional advice and googling suggested equitymaster and poweryourtrade. I am looking at fundamentally strong companies. Thats the reason for my query as a part of my research.

Now, that i am concerned about the further fall in markets due to renewed recession fears in the USA and Europe.

Looking for a good advisory on investment in the stock markets.
Am in no hurry to part away with my hard earned money.

Thank you very much.

rajeshn2007

Hello All,
I am looking at equity master.com and am looking for some advice on them.
Am thinking of subscribing and i need some advice on the quality of their recommendations.

Thanks for your time.

/Jack
As on date all recommendations by Equity Master or by any other agency will give you negative result as market has gone down considerably. Best thing is to invest in Blue Chips now in SIP for sure gains in future.
Okay, I had earlier invested in stocks and made loss.

I stopped investing it in the last 4 years. I want to invest again
now that i have some money to invest on equities rather than
idling it in the bank.

I wanted some professional advice and googling suggested equitymaster and poweryourtrade. I am looking at fundamentally strong companies. Thats the reason for my query as a part of my research.

Now, that i am concerned about the further fall in markets due to renewed recession fears in the USA and Europe.

Looking for a good advisory on investment in the stock markets.
Am in no hurry to part away with my hard earned money.

Thank you very much.
Avoid investing in stocks directly, if you are not able to pick your stocks using fundamental analysis.
Invest through mutual funds , through SIP route. This has given good returns over the longer time 3-5years. Even after post 2008 crash, some of the funds like hdfc top 200 and hdfc equity have given good returns.

http://t.in.com/daxX

I have been a member of Equitymaster for the last 4 years and am now a lifetime member. Their fundamental analysis and reports are excellent and most of their stock picks show profit.
You still get an overload of information as you have Large Cap reports every week, Mid and Small Cap reports every two weeks and Value Pro and Strategic Fund report every month.
Putting money into every single recommendation is impossible and you have to be selective on what you invest in from their recoomendations.

If I was to chose one service , I would pick Mid Cap recommendations.
Or
Midcap > Value pro > Strategic Fund Report > Large Cap > Small Cap

Any others subscribing to Equitymaster ?? I received a mail saying that they are offering some subscription at 2002 rates for a limited period - For Rs. 1200 instead of Rs. 5000 which is the current rate. Any views ? Is it a good value for Rs. 1200 ?

jamit_05

Any others subscribing to Equitymaster ?? I received a mail saying that they are offering some subscription at 2002 rates for a limited period - For Rs. 1200 instead of Rs. 5000 which is the current rate. Any views ? Is it a good value for Rs. 1200 ?
Well... for Rs.1200 it is not bad.

However, the fact remains... what will you do with their advice? Invest for a tenure of 3 to 5 yrs? If so, then go ahead... else the reports are only a good read... so not bad for Rs.1200. Even if you don't take the service it won't matter much.

But, take a look at their derivatives section. Since, you are an experienced trader see what you think of it.

I am subscriber for equity master since last one year. And recently extended my subscription for next 5 yrs.

I got good recommendations from them. You wont get many calls, but what ever you got they are on fundamental analysis and looks good.

jamit_05

I am subscriber for equity master since last one year. And recently extended my subscription for next 5 yrs.

I got good recommendations from them. You wont get many calls, but what ever you got they are on fundamental analysis and looks good.
True. They are not expensive. But, there are two problems:

1) Which stocks to invest in? They recommend almost every stocks in Nifty50 at some point in time. It is obvious that these stocks will be fundamentally sound. Else, they'd booted out.

2) They give fundamental exits. They are almost always late or too early compared to technical.

SaravananKS

if one want to learn and study fundamentals then their subscriptions would be help full.

I tried their subscription on 2011 But failed to beat mutual fund return on same period.

So I Prefer Mutual fund then their subscription (if one strongly believe their service then they try Quantum MF By equity master IMO which out performs their recommentations)

Recently I tried their Derivative package ( which they are saying 70% Success Ratio)

After back testing their last two years commodity recommentations I totally disappointed ( it is only 50% Success ratio and for Risk reward is 1:1 ) since It did not generate any revenue

Last edited: