Edelweiss Securities - Did anyone open the account

I am having account with edelweiss for last 4 months. I mostly do short term trading. They have the best website for online trading(I have used religare(too slow), angel (brakes all web security norms), idbipaisabuilder(very bad)). Portfolio is excellent with lots of data accessible on single page. Customer service is descent. They have advance brokarage plans.

1250 - 6 months - 0.41 for delivery 0.041 for intraday. Not sure about FNO.
2450 - 1yr - 0.35/0.035

AMC is a bit hight arnd 550 per/yr

Reports for medium and long term are very good. Technical calls are not that great. Have a concept of basket, which is good but not sure about the success ratio.

Customer service is good. They send you sms alerts at no cost. Also you can set your custom alerts and get it on e-eail or sms at no cost.

Which browser are you using? If you use IE7 for firefox, you can observe the number of security related warnings you get. I have never seen so many warnings for any other financial site. The angel RM had told me that they have designed the online platform so that it works under firewall in IT companies :p.

findvikas

Reports for medium and long term are very good. Technical calls are not that great. Have a concept of basket, which is good but not sure about the success ratio.

Here is the success ratio for their technical calls... :rofl:

bunny

Anybody here seriously trusts brokerage house research reports? Its common knowledge that many brokerage houses write these reports in lieu of cash. Basically, such reports are paid PR and advertisements.

The bottom line is most of these analysts and researchers understand nothing about the market. Does anyone of them have consistent accuracy? All are snake oil sellers.

Here is the success ratio for their technical calls... :rofl:

I am surprised that you have quoted the performance over such a short period of time. I understand with technical trades one has to take a view over a few weeks if not a few months. You must be trading constant lots, so the traders edge has to be judged by improving the sample size (larger window of time).

Yes the week you have cited in the image does not look good. But I have been reading their performance summary over a period of a few months and can state with confidence that their hit ratio is quite high. So I would suggest that you go back and do a study over a decent period of time.

Unfortunately I have not found any report that summarizes the performance of their "technical analysis" trades on a yearly basis. But I have come across a report on the hit ratio of their "long & short" strategy and the hit ratio seems very respectable (>70%). The link is below for you to study:

http://www.edelweiss.in/Research/resdetails.aspx?rid=14309

xx