Dropped out engineer passionate about markets

Hello Guys,

I am vish from madras

Failed miserably and lost money in financial scams, ponzi scams few years back in my early 20's
I was young and stupid, desperately wanting to make it big, quick and easy!!
After loosing lakhs of rupees and mental trauma, i understood life doesn't work that way !!
I understood instead of going into unregulated stuff in which 90% of the time we lose our capital, its better to go thru the route of regulated Indian stock markets !!
I don't have a job, But have a heart desperately wanting to master the art of trading and investment, and have some money as well to do that !!
i want to live, so i wanna make money on a regular basis, but also i really like how the business world is and its complexity and challenges !!
So i decided to learn !
Do u guys know what was the first thing i did after i decided to master the art of trading ??
Registering to this Forum, Ofcourse !!

I dont have much capital, so i think derivatives are the way to go !!
Options maybe
i was told that its risky but i think i have the discipline to master it, even more so after all the bad experiences that i have gone thru.

Im extremely thankful for the creator, managers and members of this forum, coz i dont think anywhere else in the real world i would have the opportunity to connect with so many people who are the masters of the craft and be able to talk to them and learn !!
Thank you and hoping to have a wonderful time with u guys :)

arora

Hello Guys,

I am vish from madras

Failed miserably and lost money in financial scams, ponzi scams few years back in my early 20's
After loosing lakhs of rupees and mental trauma, i understood life doesn't work that way !!
I understood instead of going into unregulated stuff in which 90% of the time we lose our capital, its better to go thru the route of regulated Indian stock markets !!
I don't have a job, But have a heart desperately wanting to master the art of trading and investment, and have some money as well to do that !!
i want to live, so i wanna make money on a regular basis, but also i really like how the business world is and its complexity and challenges !!
So i decided to learn !
Do u guys know what was the first thing i did after i decided to master the art of trading ??

Options maybe
i was told that its risky but i think i have the discipline to master it, even more so after all the bad experiences that i have gone thru.

Im extremely thankful for the creator, managers and members of this forum, coz i dont think anywhere else in the real world i would have the opportunity to connect with so many people who are the masters of the craft and be able to talk to them and learn !!
In trading, More than a system is to adjust your mind as per trading business. learn from this forum, make your own system, back test it. adjust your psychology as per your trading system. than live test it for which will make your emotions strong and helps you to understand trading business. than start with real money.

First know yourself , how you want to trade? Intra ? swing? positional? , what you want to trade? equity , NFO, MCX.
if you want to trade NFO but don't have sufficient funds , never compromise. save sufficient funds. so that you don't get emotional during live trades.

Trading is business. it has it own rules.

read books like come into my trading room. psychology of trading etc.

Trading is not gambling. it is disciplined business. Best of luck :)

Will give you a v good advice, but also know you may not do it as you definitely will not like it :)

Take up a job with any brokerage house for minimum 2 years, learn while you earn (not much but at least you don't lose your own money :lol:)

Cheers

Hello Guys,

I am vish from madras

So i decided to learn !

Options maybe

onlinegtrash

Haha! Trap is set and the fly is in.

So you want to day trade in derivatives quitting engineering

I have one life saving advice for your already traumatized mind.

Get MT4 platform, try sim trading on NIFTY, Forex or Crudeoil or other commodities.

Never put a penny into derivatives unless you have made a 5 consecutive months of profits.

Don't quit engineering just because it's tough, trading is 100 times tougher...

It's your lucky day, you got a chance to hear this bitter truth before going through second trauma!

laotze

Hello Guys,

I am vish from madras

So i decided to learn !

Options maybe

Keep your money safe....Derivatives may not be your baby initially.

Take a job first and then venture into this....kind advice...

boarders

i am a retired (vrs due to health) engineer and doing trading last 9 years intraday.

my experiance (by putting part of my monthly income from FD interests into trading) is that only the last four years have given me profits which is after I learned and lost for 5 years, all invested amounts were regularly lost during those 5 years.

I would suggest to have a regular income to support the family through whatever means other than trading and then invest a part of that money without affecting lifestyle while you learn to trade....otherwise it is a sure shot method to bankruptcy.

In trading, More than a system is to adjust your mind as per trading business. learn from this forum, make your own system, back test it. adjust your psychology as per your trading system. than live test it for which will make your emotions strong and helps you to understand trading business. than start with real money.

First know yourself , how you want to trade? Intra ? swing? positional? , what you want to trade? equity , NFO, MCX.
if you want to trade NFO but don't have sufficient funds , never compromise. save sufficient funds. so that you don't get emotional during live trades.

Trading is business. it has it own rules.

read books like come into my trading room. psychology of trading etc.

Trading is not gambling. it is disciplined business. Best of luck :)
Thank you so much bro... it makes lot of sense when u use words this way !! And Expensive book sugestions :thumb: will read those for sure !!:)

Will give you a v good advice, but also know you may not do it as you definitely will not like it

Take up a job with any brokerage house for minimum 2 years, learn while you earn (not much but at least you don't lose your own money :lol:)

Cheers
Why dint i think of it few years back :( now its late !!

Haha! Trap is set and the fly is in.

So you want to day trade in derivatives quitting engineering

I have one life saving advice for your already traumatized mind.

Get MT4 platform, try sim trading on NIFTY, Forex or Crudeoil or other commodities.

Never put a penny into derivatives unless you have made a 5 consecutive months of profits.

Don't quit engineering just because it's tough, trading is 100 times tougher...

It's your lucky day, you got a chance to hear this bitter truth before going through second trauma!
Dude, i thought that was the most rational thing that i came up with in recent times !! u r saying trap is set, fly is in :confused::lol::D
Bro, im trading in nifty options on and off for about 6 months now !!
I dint make money but i dint lose either !! im net nuetral !!
How can i make it net positive???
Man, these emotions while trading... wow... couldnt handle it...
btw, should i buy MT4 or its free ??
Wats the best charting platform bro..
Keep your money safe....Derivatives may not be your baby initially.

Take a job first and then venture into this....kind advice...
I understand where u come from bro... thanks for ur input :)

i am a retired (vrs due to health) engineer and doing trading last 9 years intraday.

my experiance (by putting part of my monthly income from FD interests into trading) is that only the last four years have given me profits which is after I learned and lost for 5 years, all invested amounts were regularly lost during those 5 years.

I would suggest to have a regular income to support the family through whatever means other than trading and then invest a part of that money without affecting lifestyle while you learn to trade....otherwise it is a sure shot method to bankruptcy.
I understand sir, but i dont have a choice. I dont know if i should feel happy or sad about this, food and shelter for me is no problem, coz my dad is there, im lucky. but he is retired. i need to make a living out of trading and establish my life. this is the life choice that i have took and i stand by it. I would deeply appreciate the tips and practical trading advice from you sir to be successful daytrader !! :)

Bro,still i had say don jump into derivates straight away that too options. It is like choosing easiest way to suicide. One advice i liked is working with a stock broker. Its not for money that i advice you to do this. But there's a lot learning in the field that can be done. So after couple of years, you will fare much much better than how you think you will fare know.

That's my advice. All the best to whatever you choose to do