DP Closure help :( :(

Hi,

I needed some help regarding closure of DP account.

My grandmother is around 75 yrs old is holding a DP account in ING VYSYA (now Kotak) from past 8-10 years (i hope so) which my father had opened and about which she was unaware.

My father was basically trading through that account for a year or two(may be as i dont know about it) before he expired. Now to my fear:confused:, few days back i saw a DP statement quoting 30k outstanding balance holding some odd 200 shares of .60 paise in that DP account.

My grandmother didnot know anything about it. Now my question is i want to close this account asap as no one knows about it and at the time of closing are we required to pay that amount in full or do we get any concession or any sort of help from the ING VYSYA.

Your help is required as i dont know nothing about this.

Regards,
gyan

detrich

Dear Gyan,

Before closing you would have to follow the transmission procedure. In which you have to check who is the nominee. Then process accordingly, but in my opinion if there is no balance in the account then I would avoid following this procedure. No

detrich

Dear Gyan,

Before closing you would have to follow the transmission procedure. In which you have to check who is the nominee. Then process accordingly, but in my opinion if there is no balance in the account then I would avoid following this procedure. No

Hi Detrich,

Thanks for the reply.

After transmission procedure is completed, we still have to pay that amount right. Or is there any other way to tackle this.

prst

I had an issue with a broker.
I had opened account when I was in my native town. But didn't transfer any amount into the account, nor did any trading in it, since I moved to different city later.
I sent a couple of mails to them to close my account, but received no reply from them.
Not sure if I should again visit their office and ask to close the account.