Download New Version- NSE Intraday,EOD quote downloader/convertor Metastock/Amibroker

Re: Download New Verison- NSE Intraday,EOD quote downloader/convertor Metastock/Amibr

Steps i followed to make QOD run:

Ensure .net framework is available on your m/c by opening the Windows Control Panel and checking for .net in the "Add or Remove Prgrams" button. Otherwise download the .net from MS or some other place and reboot your m/c.

Unzip ALL FILES of QOD2.3 program into one and same directory. Ensure that "NSEQuotes.mdb" file is also unzipped into the same directory.

Run QOD.exe

Here comes the main step which i was missing earlier.

Click on the "Settings" tab (on the QOD screen) and change the settings as per your requirement.
Click on the "Save" button of Settings tab. This is a MUST.
Now Click on the "Control Panel" (of QOD) tab.
Click on the "Exit" button at the bottom of the "Control Panel" (of QOD) tab

The application now closes down and exits.

This ends the main step.

Now reload the QOD application by double clicking on the QOD.exe file.
The application will now run smoothly and is able to perform all functions properly.

Run the application and download the .csv files or other files to your heart's content.
It works well.

To Stockist:
Thanks for the software once again.
But i think there is a limiation of 45 days for conversion of EOD files to Metastock format. While the restriction of 30 days download from "NSEINDIA.COM" is understandable , i have not understood the reason for restriction of 45 days for coversion of downloaded EOD files to Metastock format. This has severely dampned the spirit as for each 45 days , QOD creates a separate folder which means i can see only 45 days data in the Metastock. Is there a way to append the data while converting to MS. Thanks for your help in advance.

3 cheers to Stockist for providing such a good s/w.

Re: Download New Verison- NSE Intraday,EOD quote downloader/convertor Metastock/Amibr

Hi V FROM TCR ,

Where is the attachment ? If it specific to s/w then maybe Stokist would be in a position to answer to it.Regards usage yesterday i tried and was comfortable with it.But even I am having problem with using it with TA s/w (MS).With his help I will try to run it and inform if it works with MS.
Raju
Here is the attachment

Attachments

Raju

Hi , Stokist

In market hrs if I provide directory let's say "c:\QOD\12May2008" where our intraday data is getting saved, then if I open Metastock and open the scrip e.g CAIRN and keep it open then we get log in QOD ..."Access Denied ..while saving ..Do I have to copy it in other folder manually and then provide that path...I will try this...But manually copy ...maybe some batch file to copy continously ..kindly guide as how I can go abt it..
Thanks,
Raju

Raju

Hi, V FROM TCR

What I feel it you all the required files are not copied in single directory..Please try this...This is what I have done..I hope this works for you also...

1.Create directory "QOD" on "C:" drive ...
2.Extract all files in the above SINGLE directory...
3.Please check ..there should be 7-8 files in the directory...
4.And follow the steps which I had mentioned earlier for getting quotes...

The list of files in my directory....

Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 326E-1DE6

Directory of C:\QoD2.33

05/13/2008 10:40 PM <DIR> .
05/13/2008 10:40 PM <DIR> ..
11/05/2007 10:04 AM 311,296 ZedGraph.dll
12/18/2007 12:50 PM 75,553 NSE_Equity_List.csv
03/18/2008 05:28 PM 134 NSE_IndexFutures_List.csv
04/08/2008 04:19 PM 319,488 NSEQuotes.mdb
05/12/2008 05:08 PM 237,568 QOD.exe
05/12/2008 05:10 PM 119 NSE_IntraStks.csv
05/12/2008 05:11 PM 129 NSE_IntraFutures.csv
05/12/2008 05:11 PM 710 qod.ss
8 File(s) 944,997 bytes
2 Dir(s) 2,032,472,064 bytes free

Hopes this helps you...All the best..

Raju,

Dear All,

Here are the steps that i followed for making QOD run smoothly after some initial struggle.

First check in the Windows "Control Panel" ...> "Add Remove Programs" ..that you have the dot net framework (See the initial posts on this thread for more info). If not , download the same from Microsoft website or some other place and reboot your m/c.

Unzip all the files of QOD in one and same directory. (For list of files see friend Raju's posts)

Run QOD.exe first time by double clicking.

Now here comes the main steps which i was missing earlier.

Click on the "Settings" tab of QOD. Make necessary changes to different settings parameters as needed.
Click on the "Save" button on the QOD "Settings" tab. This is ESSENTIAL. Even if you do not make any changes in the "Settings" tab , click on "Save" button.
Now Click on the "Control Panel" tab of the QOD.
Click on the "Exit" button (at the bottom of the QOD "Control Panel" tab)

This closes and exits the application. Reboot your m/c.

Now again Run the QOD. (double click QOD.exe)
Now QOD will run smoothly and properly. Download all data to your heart's content and say 3 cheers to "Stokist".

To Stokist : Thanks a ton again for the s/w.

But, in QOD, i would like to know why there is a restriction of 45 days for Export/convert of data from downloaded files to Metastock format? QOD is creating a separate folder/ directory for every 45 days of data converted to MS format. Therefore, i am only able to load 45 days of data into MS (as each 45 days data is in a separate directory) . Is there a way out so that i can merge the data of all these folders to establish data for a continuous period of more than 45 days? (Copy and paste does not work as all the files have same name ... f1.dat, f2.dat etc..) Thanks for the help.

Thanks raju.Your prompt reply will be very helpfullto all newcomers to this forum.
I will check 2maro as per your replay.Many thanks.

everyone seems to be getting errors.... is this software working ...I'm new and not going to download if it does not work... I am interested in NYSE,,, NASSD, CAN i also get the Canadian markets ?????

everyone seems to be getting errors.... is this software working ...I'm new and not going to download if it does not work... I am interested in NYSE,,, NASSD, CAN i also get the Canadian markets ?????
Mike, This software is for Indian exchanges only (NSE).

Hey Stockist,
Fantastic job, your s/w works perfectly, i quick question can we download intraday data in real time and update metastock charts in as the ticks flow ?
Thanks once again

Go to EOD tab. Download the EOD data for the period you want. While exporting (in Export tab) select the stock (or multiple stocks) for which you want the data and EOD data only for that stock(s) will be exported. Note "Export" function can export the data which is already downloaded. The calender on EOD download page shows the dates in bold if the EOD data for that period is already downloaded. Also the software will not re-download the same data even if you select the same period for download (if the data is downloaded in past) thus saving bandwidth/time.

I will put a brief user guide, have lil patience. Hard pressed for time !

Stokist
I want F N O Eod data from this software how can i got ?