Does CPU speed matter in walkthrough tests?

Walkthrough tests take too long. Either that, or I'm doing something wrong. What I'm wondering is how much does CPU speed matter in doing testing? I have a semi-old AMD processor, which could be upgraded easily as there are many CPU's today that outperform it by a large margin. But I don't know how much or even if this will affect the speed of walkthrough tests?

it;s cool to have modern cpu .. your semi-old AMD processor cpu is fine and capable to crunch number in audits ...(thats just my suggestion)

what coudl happen it will take only 30 sec to 50 sec more depending on how huge data is

Backtests take seconds or maybe a minute, but walkforwards take hours and I usually have to leave the computer on overnight. I followed the guide, but I'm not sure it's supposed to take that long.

I meant walk FORWARD not through. oops! :eek:

Last edited:
For example:

b2 = Optimize ( "Buy Price 2" , .08 , .005 , .75 , .005 ) ;

b4 = Optimize ( "Buy Price 4" , 8.2 , -5, 10 , .1 ) ;

s1 = Optimize ( "Sell Price 1" , 13.2 , 5 , 20 , .1 ) ;

stoploss = Optimize ( "Stop Loss" , .054 , .050 , .3 , .001 ) ;

Using the above parameters, the optimization length says 7 years to completion in the analysis window. Obviously, that is way too long a time for me to wait. To cut down on the time I usually just do two at a time, but I don't think that is as accurate.