Do you use Instincts to trade?

Hello Everyone
Have anyone been able to just trade "on instinct" or kind of get a feel of the market
and trade, and have been so far successful ? Is it profitable to trade on instincts solely. I am yet to know and yearning to know
I am yet to know and yearning to know if anyone has been successful with instinct trading .

oi trader boi

Hello Everyone
Have anyone been able to just trade "on instinct" or kind of get a feel of the market
and trade, and have been so far successful ? Is it profitable to trade on instincts solely. I am yet to know and yearning to know
I am yet to know and yearning to know if anyone has been successful with instinct trading .
Sir,I traded on instinct and you can see the outcome in my thread(Should I....) :lol:

wisp

Hello Everyone
Lottery wins happen once in a way :) not enough number of times for winning the game. Pls check ST Da's post which is in my signature.

No I don't use much of my instincts to trade. I rather use a well planned trading strategy that tells me what step to take at every point of an pine position. Instincts can be manipulated by fear and greed.

I have seen a few very successful large traders who trade on their instinct and judgement. They dont use any chart,Technicals or fundamentals etc but they have developed their instinct based on their experience and screen action.So the instinct here is not whims but a fine judgement which has come because of their long experience.They follow all good principles of trading like support /resistences ,getting out of a losing trade,MM etc without which they will not survive for long in this business. When I talked with them they knew supports and resistances of the day and of the week but unknowingly, without plotting it on the charts.

I am not blessed like these traders, so I dont trade on instincts.I trade on the charts only.

Smart_trade

sangram1705

The answer to your typical question cannot be answered with a plain Yes or No.
Still some thoughts:
1) Instincts are always followed by experience. A state in which you will do right things even with your sub conscious mind. Always a product of hard work.
2) Consider a mall where all type of people are moving randomly. Can you anticipate with accuracy the movement of people. Like who will move to which shop/which gate etc. Probably Not!

Now consider the same place with a different scenario. All of a sudden there is a bomb scare in the mall. Isnt it a little easier to anticipate this time. Most of them will rush towards the exit.
Same applies to the markets, it is easier to anticipate the crowd's action in PANIC
-------------(I exactly don't remember where I have read this. Either its on TJ or Lance Beggs). As soon as I get time, I will be posting a chart of yesterday's Natural Gas.
3) As rightly said by ST da, the most important factor for being successful/survival is MM.

So, you dont have to try putting all your efforts to learn to trade with instincts. It will come automatically with experience & hardwork.

Yeah, but not everytime, either on instincts I rely more on the strategies which I have learnt so far and the practice that I have done while trading with Demo.

When a trader trade on instincts and judgement the appropriate thing he is doing is trading on his intuition, some expert traders after years of looking at the same things over and over again with expertise recognize them instantly without having to analyse further, this kind of trading have some hard earned years of expertise and can pull of quite some success but for a beginner it is dangerous to trade on your instincts ,it might do you good one or twice but eventually lead you to a total account wipe out .