Do one need to read books before entering market?

Hi veterans,
I am new to market and I find most of times I incur losses.
I wonder if one need to read books before entering market? If yes, then which books do you recommend?

Rajni

rkkarnani

Hi veterans,
I wonder if one need to read books before entering market? If yes, then which books do you recommend?

Rajni
You will find enough material on this forum to read before you start reading books. Though you may refer to a separate thread for BOOKS...
Just delve deep here and you will find pearls of wisdom for Stocks...
All the best for your future profits!!!

I really appreciate the views and analysis of Uashish, Renudaga, Agilent etc. But I find my self not competent enough to understand the concept fully.

I can recommend Technical Analysis of the Financial Market by John Murpgy.
You can also refer to other books on technical analysis, fundamental analysis, trend analysis and portfolio managemenet.

Hi veterans,

Rajni
I would suggest that you do paper trading and going through some of the thread mentioned by my friends down there.

Paper trading is very advisable because it helps you learn a lot and compare with what you learnt. Its just as good as doing practicals before doing a live project.

Raj

One more thing, I didn't do any paper trading. I lost heftly and learned a lot in a longer run. My 65% of capital is wiped off because of the foolish act. I learned the discipline from the fellow friends of this forum. I am very thankful to them

The only good thing is that whatever I invested or traded, I treat it as a surplus even though I have taken a loan. A surplus in the sense that it wont effect my personal life or financial life even I lose my entire capital.

So make sure when you r investing or trading, how much can u risk. what is ur maximum drawdown (lose % that u can make). Take your time and markets will be there forever and there is no hurry.

Raj

Personally I too like to learn from market only. But in the process I lost hefty amount of money :)
Anyways, market is the best teacher.Atleast it forces you to learn everytime you lose.

H

hari09omkar

Personally I too like to learn from market only. But in the process I lost hefty amount of money :)
Anyways, market is the best teacher.Atleast it forces you to learn everytime you lose.
You just echoed my experience in trading.