dmat necessary for day trader?

rahulskr

hi all

if i want to indulge only in intraday tradin, is it necessary to open dmat ac also or only trading ac would suffice, as i wont be taking delivery?

cheers

vasa1

hi all

if i want to indulge only in intraday tradin, is it necessary to open dmat ac also or only trading ac would suffice, as i wont be taking delivery?

cheers
Good question! I too would like to know, just from a theoretical point of view. I do have a trading & demat account.

Flock

No demat account is required if you plan to trade only in the F&O segment. I have a trading account, but no demat account.

However if you want to trade in the cash segment, a demat account is a must, even if you only intend to day trade.

I opened only trading ac with rklglobal.I trade in futures only.
Raja thanks for this information.Can you tell me when you opened the account with R K Global? Reason is a broker last month told me I have to open a dmat a/c with a trading account as it has been made compulsory by SEBI.This is for new accounts.

Raja thanks for this information.Can you tell me when you opened the account with R K Global? Reason is a broker last month told me I have to open a dmat a/c with a trading account as it has been made compulsory by SEBI.This is for new accounts.
hi tony n marcus

thanx for posting. i too heard sebi has made dmat compulsory for cash n futures segment. will be grateful if nebody can clarify this.

cheers