• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.G

Commonly known to people are two types of investing, dividend and growth. I have a focus on dividend giving companies that have a long term record of giving consistent dividend and increases aswell. Valuations are classic graham Dodd ,with my own little twist. And time frame is generational. This is just my theory let's work together to put it into reality. And develop it into a more refined idea.

DanPickUp

Commonly known to people are two types of investing, dividend and growth. I have a focus on dividend giving companies that have a long term record of giving consistent dividend and increases aswell. Valuations are classic graham Dodd ,with my own little twist. And time frame is generational. This is just my theory let's work together to put it into reality. And develop it into a more refined idea.
@Mr. G

I see you have started your own threadsa a few days ago. I think that was a great idea. Expecting more to see from you in YOUR ongoing threads. Please move on with your dividend growing trading, as many members here have high expetations on your way of managing a porfolio. Most here use a lot of TA in there tradings, others use maths and astrology and you would bring in some more colour with your kind of trading.

I also see that you have started with this thread: http://www.traderji.com/fundamental...fundamental-analysis-theories.html#post847070 Interesting article.

Now to move on HERE and stay here in YOUR thread, as other threads are build up on other ideas and work, what is your outlook for India or what company/s are in your radar?

Wish you all the best with your thread / DanPickUp

Mr.G

There are a limited number of stocks on the India market that we can actually call excellent businesses. A few of them are SBI, ONGC, ITC, GAIL, Clarient Chem., HUL ( My second favourite after ITC), TATA investment co. and Balmer Lawrie & Co. ALL of them are excellent businesses in the long run. These are a mix list of dividend growers and value buys. I am heavy on almost all the stocks in the list in my portfolio. And I closely track these companies.

DanPickUp

There are a limited number of stocks on the India market that we can actually call excellent businesses. A few of them are SBI, ONGC, ITC, GAIL, Clarient Chem., HUL ( My second favourite after ITC), TATA investment co. and Balmer Lawrie & Co. ALL of them are excellent businesses in the long run. These are a mix list of dividend growers and value buys. I am heavy on almost all the stocks in the list in my portfolio. And I closely track these companies.
How do you build up your portfolio? How much cash % do you use for one positon or do you % split up your money on sector behaviors or how do you manage that?

Any sector do you prefer most and where do you see the worst scenario?

I am not an expert in what you do, so I ask to have a better understanding even if my questions may sound silly.

Mr.G

My portfolio is built up solely from bottom up views. I separately select excellent companies from the market as a whole, it my and warren buffets view that diversification is for those people who don't know what they are doing. I don't like to put my money in second grade assets.

I don't follow any sector to find my companies.

As I save money I keep adding to the best position company from my portfolio. Or if there are no value buys in the market, I keep putting it in a RD.

My personal portfolio has a high % weighting in each of the above firms. But I never shy away from adding other companies when they are in good position for buy for short term hold. I buy under intrinsic value and sell when it reaches the value, no matter how much time it takes.

My stock selection qualitives are based on buffet and quantitives are based on graham.

Mr.G

We can spot a bad company by :

1. They have low profit margin as all base industry companies have

2. They produce a homogenous product and there are many producers of the same product.

3. There is usually excess capacity due to cyclic nature of demand.

4. Profit have no definitive trend.

5. Management is a bunch of incompetent idiots.

6. There is no loyalty of costumers and no brand name

Mr.G

My portfolio is composed of the above said companies. It is my personal one and not what I use for my clients. In my psychology I know what I am doing and I can stomach the wild swings the markets give and that given the time I can make a profit.

I am looking at a generational time frame, these investments will be your pillars in your retirement pay for your kids college education and give them an estate that can boost their lives further on.

Rish

In my psychology I know what I am doing and I can stomach the wild swings the markets give and that given the time I can make a profit.
Your portfolio is based on your psychology or based on Fundamental ! ! !.

Thread Heading is Dividend Growth and you are making profit based on Wild Swings ! ! !.

Confused ! ! !

Mr.G

Your portfolio is based on your psychology or based on Fundamental ! ! !.

Thread Heading is Dividend Growth and you are making profit based on Wild Swings ! ! !.

Confused ! ! !
I dont make money from price swings, I said I have the power to hold onto my stocks and not sell them when they are in capital loss.

My portfolio is fundamental based, but psychology of investor is very important in making profit as with wrong mindset, new investors sell when stocks go down they get scared and sell early, when in profit they get greedy and dont sell at the right valuation.

Status
Not open for further replies.