Do you find this thread useful?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a limited number of stocks on the India market that we can actually call excellent businesses. A few of them are SBI, ONGC, ITC, GAIL, Clarient Chem., HUL ( My second favourite after ITC), TATA investment co. and Balmer Lawrie & Co. ALL of them are excellent businesses in the long run. These are a mix list of dividend growers and value buys. I am heavy on almost all the stocks in the list in my portfolio. And I closely track these companies.
I have got 10000 Rs. Could you suggest me which one should I purchase so that I can make a good amount of dividend for a long term?

Mr.G

I have got 10000 Rs. Could you suggest me which one should I purchase so that I can make a good amount of dividend for a long term?
Sorry guys, I couldnt reply I was out on a business trip for the weekend and just came back. Chand, Wait for SBI to hit sub 1K levels. Currently even in this market I see no positions that are safe enough to be added upon. My positions are in red, from my previous buys. I am waiting for a heavy crash to buy more shares to average out my impatience/inexperience. Investing only rewards are Patience. As your amount is small, I advice you to only maintain liquid positions for now and the market is in turmoil. We will have to wait to pick the flowers that will grow from the blood on dalal street.

Mr.G

At what level you have entered the above said companies ?

And still are you holding the same ?

Any addition now ?
SBI - 1.7Ks

ONGC - 26

ITC - 280

GAIL - 334

CLNINDIA - 520

HUL - 466

TATAINVEST - 412

BALMLAWRIE - 310

I want to add at lower levels. Or wait for the scenario to unfold and see a better picture. 20-30 points dont make much difference in long run when you have such a long time frame. Getting good company and an approx. good price is the main objective. Not pin pointing the entry price as fundamental analysis give an approx price.

Mr.G

Dividend investing is so boring, it makes watching paint dry up look very exciting in comparison.

You get to identify a few great quality companies, and then continuously try to purchase them at attractive valuations

Mr.G

As soon as I learn how to integrate a blog into my website I am going to write articles and post them here and there for your reading pleasure. It will be very educative for everyone.

whisky

@Mr. G

I see you have started your own threadsa a few days ago. I think that was a great idea. Expecting more to see from you in YOUR ongoing threads. Please move on with your dividend growing trading, as many members here have high expetations on your way of managing a porfolio. Most here use a lot of TA in there tradings, others use maths and astrology and you would bring in some more colour with your kind of trading.

I also see that you have started with this thread: http://www.traderji.com/fundamental...fundamental-analysis-theories.html#post847070 Interesting article.

Now to move on HERE and stay here in YOUR thread, as other threads are build up on other ideas and work, what is your outlook for India or what company/s are in your radar?

Wish you all the best with your thread / DanPickUp
Mr. G, Read the comment in bold daily, it will help you.

ryan4ucar

ok Mr G a question if i invest in all these companies equally say 1 lac each how much dividend would i have got in the past one year and what is the average return last 5 years?

Mr.G

ok Mr G a question if i invest in all these companies equally say 1 lac each how much dividend would i have got in the past one year and what is the average return last 5 years?
The last 5 years investing environment has not been good and these companies where not available at right prices. I got them all recently only. Any value investor would have sold them at the mid point of the bull run in late '07 and no dividend investor in his right mind would buy them then.

BTW Balmer lawrie went ex-div today I got 9ish% return on dividend only. :p

Also GAIL also went ex-div a few days ago. I will get my dividend 3.5% this week.

ryan4ucar

The last 5 years investing environment has not been good and these companies where not available at right prices. I got them all recently only. Any value investor would have sold them at the mid point of the bull run in late '07 and no dividend investor in his right mind would buy them then.

BTW Balmer lawrie went ex-div today I got 9ish% return on dividend only. :p

Also GAIL also went ex-div a few days ago. I will get my dividend 3.5% this week.
k preety good % in div ..forget the prices of stocks i just want to know for my 8 lacs investent in the 8 stocks say last year april 1 how much dividend in % or rupess i would have got this year april 1 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.