Discussions and Clarifications on 5 min Pivot Method.

jamit_05

The goal of this thread is to help the participants in learning the 5 min Pivot method from our seniors as correctly and completely as they know it.

Please feel free to make discussions and ask questions regarding 5 min pivot method. This method is very valuable.

jamit_05

Hello Ankit,

From his explaination, I have understood that a bar's low becomes a pivot low is any two subsequent bars show HHs and HLs. There was no mention of starting bar.

It is also likely that I may have missed that bit. If Rajendrani, he himself, has made any such note please provide that post.

Amit.

jamit_05

Hi,
Can any one help me out with profitable indicators for Nifty Intraday? Is it ok if I use 5 mts chart for intra day or 15mts?
Sorry can't help you there, on the first question. The second question, has a very long answer. Pls visit the Miniflow (LVgandhi) or 5 min pivot method (rajendrani) for answers from qualified people.

jamit_05

There is a slight technical nuance that may be a bother for us.

A tick of PIB is basically a bundle of "saudas" of a duration of two to five seconds. That tick displays the price of the last sauda of that bundle (tick). So a sauda could've happened at 4055, but PIB ticklist and LOD would show 4057! Two points unaccounted for.

For regular traders, like ourselves, there are atleast 5 saudas in a week that get filled just by a margin. So, I think that if we could get real tick by tick data (and not a bundle) then it could add to our edge.

Please respond to this post and let your suggestions flow in. I am sure something constructive will come out of it. So that we do not disturb the flow of this thread, we shall continue on another thread... the link is...