Different types of travel insurnace policy

Hi there,

Single trip insurance is just that, insurance coverage for a single trip between specified dates.
Multi trip coverage is for persons who make multiple trips out of the country. For example people who live near the border and do cross border shopping would be the ones who buy multi trip insurance coverage.
That provides protection for X number of days, (often 10 to 15 days) that can be used any number of times during the term of the coverage, providing they return to their home country within the specified number of days their coverage.
They can then go again the next day and still be covered. For more information on the same you may visit the following given links: http://www.hdfcergo.com/travel-insurance/travel-insurance.html http://www.tataaiginsurance.in/traveinsurance/

Well Ravi, single trip travel insurance includes coverage for single abroad trip only; if you are going abroad for 10 days holiday this single trip insurance is better option.
If you use to travel abroad very often, in this case you should look after multi trip travel insurance. In this more than 1 abroad trip is covered, for regular travelers such as; businessmen, higher corporate employees and those having multiple office location throughout globe. I am regular flyer to different locations for my business needs; I have insurance from Chola MS travel insurance company.

Travel insurance policy for a single trip will allow you to visit abroad for once within a specific period. For multi trip you can visit multiple times and that too for a specific period as mentioned in the policy. Liberty Videocon is soon going to offer travel insurance. Currently they are offering car insurance policy at reasonable premium rates.

gibl

Single trip insurance mainly an insurance which will cover only for a single trip with a specified date.Whereas multi trip insurance mainly cover a number of trips for a certain period of time or most commonly annual basis.Frequent travelers do prompt for the multi trip option as it suit their requirement.