Developing a Quantopian like service for Indian stocks

Hi Everyone,

I am currently developing a web interface for Zipline to develop a quantopian like service for Indian stocks. At this point I have built a simple web interface to build and test algorithms using Zipline as a backend.

Eventually I will be building out an entire frontend, similar to Quantopian, for you to build, test and live trade your strategies. I wanted to see how much interest there is in such a service and if there are others working on something similar and want to colloborate.

If you are already using algo trading in any form please let me know, as I would love to speak with you and offer beta access to the platform.

Thanks,
Shiva

Raj232

Hi Everyone,

I am currently developing a web interface for Zipline to develop a quantopian like service for Indian stocks. At this point I have built a simple web interface to build and test algorithms using Zipline as a backend.

Eventually I will be building out an entire frontend, similar to Quantopian, for you to build, test and live trade your strategies. I wanted to see how much interest there is in such a service and if there are others working on something similar and want to colloborate.

If you are already using algo trading in any form please let me know, as I would love to speak with you and offer beta access to the platform.

Thanks,
Shiva
Dear Shiva, Indian public would surely be interested.

Quantopian's Web application is a standard Ruby-on-Rails application.
The backend is built on Python, so Zipline (Python backtest engine) would be great for Indian stocks :clap:

What I feel is not yet commonly available to the Indian trader is ... introducing automation and algorithmic trading in day to day trading due the lack of tools available to the retail trader presently.

Also, concepts about Risk management, positioning with LOT size, money management is non existent among retail traders.

What most brokers offer is just about manual placement of buy / sell orders in their interface.

Keep posting updates please, as unless you have something really concrete available, very few would show interest. .. just my personal observation..

Last edited: