Demat account

Dear All,
Like every new beginners me to have some queries,please spare some valuable time .
1. I am new without any experience in trading.
2. To start trading i need to have demat and SB account .
3. Brokers if any good people with decent charges.

I would like to know where can i open an demat account as my trading is small and charges if known.

I am based in bangalore.

Thanks in advance for all your valuable inputs.

Yashmith

Mr.G

If they are very small then get an account with any good broker,but if your going to shift heavy money then zerodha is advised. To start learning read "security Analysis - Benjamin graham" 4-5 times.

bunny

Dear All,
1. I am new without any experience in trading.
Make hypothetical/imaginary trades. To give you a feel of it, NSE has deployed a Trade Simulator. You can resgiter free and use it at https://plus.omnesysindia.com/NestPlus/NSE/login.jsp

2. To start trading i need to have demat and SB account .
Assuming that you already have savings banks account, simply call your broker. He will open the demat account for you.

3. Brokers if any good people with decent charges.
Difficult to suggest one because you are novice. But basically, there are two types of brokers: Full-service brokers and Discount brokers.

The full-service brokers charge considerably higher brokerage but also provide services like trading ideas(trading calls/tips), technical analysis recommendations, fundamental analysis reports, macro-economic analysis, etc. This is recommended until you have a small capital and not independent in your trading decisions. When you are in the learning phase, and that too with a full-service broker, keep your trading capital low because you are likely to lose lot of money by way of brokerage, service tax, and other levies.

Once you become experienced and independent, you can increase your trading capital and shift to discount brokers. The only service a discount broker offers is to provide a platform to execute and clear your trades. It a no or minimal frills concept and even the minutest of "extra" services such as physical contract note(printed paper), call and trade, etc. are chargeable.

If you are do-it-yourself(DIY) kind of person, you can directly get an account with a discount broker.

I would like to know where can i open an demat account as my trading is small and charges if known.
Get in touch with any brokers. They will open the demat account for you.

Hello All

I want to open a demat account. Following are the things that i need:-

1) online trading platform with charting facility
2) A broker whom can i call up and discuss/ask recommendations (though only i will be taking decisions). I want to go to the office, hang out there and learn something on saturdays.
3) Cost : should not be too expensive.

I belive brokers like icici direct, hdfc securities wont meet the second criteria as i am a small investor (<20,000 Rs to be invested). So which should be the best bet?

Thanks a lot..!!

Mr.G

See i know a person,who is in motilal oswal, he's very experienced and has helped me alot. My email is [email protected] email me il help you. (i am in no way being profited by this and just want to help a fellow trader with a personal i trust.)

Mr.G

I told you to email me. What do you want spoon feeding kya?

Users of this portal have the facility of replying to queries here itself instead of on email, but guess what, who knows that ?! I am looking for unbiased advice. If you can write an unbiased reply well and good, else i can wait for someone to reply :) Thanks !

Mr.G

Okay you want unbiased right? The broker is not your friend he is like a vampire and will suckered your account dry as you are his life source, never trust a SINGLE word any broking firm employee says. You want a deluxe broker if you want to become a fundamental investor,but your money is too low for that, you should go with any reputable discount broker who gives platform like Odin or need now, which has many tools in built. Only other traders are your friends not brokers. And my friend my view was not biased,I was actually trying to help you. Now your query is answered?