Day Trading with Pivot Points and MACD Indicator

I want to know one thing... Which trading firm gives a leverage of 10 times. Is that applicable for small trader also. ie) for a margin of 1,00,000

If i have 1 L can I trade for 10 Lakh
Pl let me know. thanks

Today i have traded with Ambuja Cements.
pivots are
r3 -93.50
r2 -92.65
r1 - 91.40
pp - 90.55
s1 - 89.30
s2 - 88.45
s3 - 87.20

At about 10:30 the price was approaching S1 line from PP ie downwards, and MACD already crossed down. Hence SHORTED below S1 at 89.25 of 500 shares. The Target of 0.25 ps missed and the price reverted back. STOP LOSS hit at 89.75.:mad:

Another opportunity of SHORT came at around 03:00 pm for which i have not gone because indiabulls stalls intraday trading around that time.:confused:

Todays loss is 0.50 x 500 + .137 x 500 = 318.50 ps.(Actual figure will be known only when i receive contract note).

My capital is reduced from Rs.5,000 to Rs.4681.50 ps which will be my tomorrow's capital.
hii
i am very intrested in your strategy...i would like to know more about your trades...so please post your exact timing of trades too(which will help me study you later on graph):D

oops sorry didnt see later posts!
Sorry!

Last edited:

sub2501

MACD is already crossed up. Then take a buy position. (Thanks to many on Technical Analysis Thread for making me to understand MACD).
hi, i'm zero in TA, found ur post today and applied earned 38(25-12+25) pts on NF, now, I bought nf at 4670 & a/c to u SL 4657(0.27%) and tgt 4695(0.55%), when my tgt acheived i book profit and nf went to 4785-day's high(05/11/09). i was only following the 15sma and 3sma and nothing else.
Though the MACD window was opened but was useless for me 'cos i dont understand that now can u pls send me some url wherein i can learn abt MACD.
Is there any indicator wherein i can plot support & resistance line on intraday basis, what i believe is that every scrip changes it sup/res after a trading interval (may be misconception).
Pls do advise,
more if ur interested in my post. THANKS

veluri1967

MACD is already crossed up. Then take a buy position. (Thanks to many on Technical Analysis Thread for making me to understand MACD).
hi, i'm zero in TA, found ur post today and applied earned 38(25-12+25) pts on NF, now, I bought nf at 4670 & a/c to u SL 4657(0.27%) and tgt 4695(0.55%), when my tgt acheived i book profit and nf went to 4785-day's high(05/11/09). i was only following the 15sma and 3sma and nothing else.
Though the MACD window was opened but was useless for me 'cos i dont understand that now can u pls send me some url wherein i can learn abt MACD.
Is there any indicator wherein i can plot support & resistance line on intraday basis, what i believe is that every scrip changes it sup/res after a trading interval (may be misconception).
Pls do advise,
more if ur interested in my post. THANKS
Happy to know you have made some bucks on NF. I would like to caution you that MACD is a lagging indicator so you should use it carefully. Best to anticipate crossovers in advance. I donot recollect where are all the posts relating to MACD but I can give you what I wrote about MACD in my thread.
http://www.traderji.com/technical-analysis/33021-technical-analysis-beginners.html#post360964

I donot think there is any indicator which can plot support & resistance line, unless if any one develops in future.

Interest in your post......:):):):thumb:

sub2501

Thanks "V" and also to AW10,

Thanks to all

Last edited:
Looks like an old thread but couldnt resist giving my 2 cents to it. First of all, there is a big flaw in this strategy, the risk reward ratio. It should never be more than 1:1 i e u shoukd not be losing more than a rupee to earn 1 rupee. What you are doing is risking a rupee to earn 25 ps. Now u need to be profitable for 4 trades and then also u will be at zero profit if u have one lost trade so u will just end up paying brokerage without any gain. Secondly, what is TSL? U should never get out of winning trades so then here how are u going to catch a big trade. Again that is continuation of first point but then overall this is not a healthy strategy and over a long period of time u wud require exceptional amount ofluck to get succeeded.