Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

However the OI at 10200 CE and PE is nearly the same. How do we interpret this ?
Change in 10200 put OI is negative 11,63,625. This means that the puts were unwound i.e sold puts were bought back and closed. therefore negative OI.

Change in 10200 call OI is positive 15,38,100. This means that 10200 calls were added/sold.

The unwinding in puts is mainly because the market was trading below 10200. Therefore, PE sellers would have wanted to minimize their loss/cover their positions i.e by unwinding the positions.

iwillwin

NIFTY - DAILY Classical Triple Positive Divergence + Doji reversal candlestick pattern Index needs to close above 10222 for the reversal setup to be confirmed. If confirmed, then one can expect a fast recovery to 10750-10850 zone by next week

Wait for Dow to close tonight as all the patterns go haywire if it closes below 25k

NIFTY - DAILY Classical Triple Positive Divergence + Doji reversal candlestick pattern Index needs to close above 10222 for the reversal setup to be confirmed. If confirmed, then one can expect a fast recovery to 10750-10850 zone by next week

@vikas2131
Your interpretation on divergence is wrong.

1540293709985.png

See the violet and brown arrowheads, they represent the divergence. The Oscillator failed to cross 50 and the average distance from the earlier bottoms (violet triangle to violet line) was almost twice the breakout. This indicated a further downside around 10500, with a possible base below the previous 2 bottoms.
A new divergence would be seen only when the oscillator and prices turn up. Till then the view is bearish.

vikas2131

@vikas2131
Your interpretation on divergence is wrong.

View attachment 29823

See the violet and brown arrowheads, they represent the divergence. The Oscillator failed to cross 50 and the average distance from the earlier bottoms (violet triangle to violet line) was almost twice the breakout. This indicated a further downside around 10500, with a possible base below the previous 2 bottoms.
A new divergence would be seen only when the oscillator and prices turn up. Till then the view is bearish.
Not my interpretation. found it on twitter so posted and we are already below 10500 probably you are saying 9500 but below 9700 market will most likely go to 9000 and i have serious doubt that we will go to 9000 so early so 9700 is probably the max i am expecting.

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Change in OI. look at this screenshot taken before market open today and compare values with above latest pic.
look how much call writing happened today .

View attachment 29822
Change in 10200 put OI is negative 11,63,625. This means that the puts were unwound i.e sold puts were bought back and closed. therefore negative OI.

Change in 10200 call OI is positive 15,38,100. This means that 10200 calls were added/sold.

The unwinding in puts is mainly because the market was trading below 10200. Therefore, PE sellers would have wanted to minimize their loss/cover their positions i.e by unwinding the positions.
Thats exactly what my question is.
So as of yesterday closing, there was excellent support at 10200, and today after gap down the OI changed. That does not makes OI a leading indicator, hence why consider it ?
So if tomorrow Nifty opens gap up at 10500 and OI changes accordingly, it will be a failure of today's analysis - the way it happened between yesterday and today.