Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Now that it closed below at where i wanted it to be closed.I will wait for tomorrow for the entry above 10540 to short.
Same here! :) I booked a 10% profit today!!

Guys, I am having trouble with winning trades. I have a feeling I am getting addicted. I had initially a 22.5% profit which got reduced to 10%. Today wads lucky because I didn't lose my capital. But I do not want this to happen. How can I curb my temptation??

Guys, I am having trouble with winning trades. I have a feeling I am getting addicted. I had initially a 22.5% profit which got reduced to 10%. Today wads lucky because I didn't lose my capital. But I do not want this to happen. How can I curb my temptation??
my problem is somewhat similar to this... if i am winning in a trade i dont understand how much time to hold...there are many threads here to exlplain .. now a days reading it. Shubhdips/ and Vikas's threads on pivot trading are usefull. even ANIL TriVEDI sir's threads explain a lot but now days as i have restricted my self into day trades only.. PIVOTs and trying to get full benefit of a rgt entry and exits is very well explained in pivots.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Make a resolve that you will take 1 or 2 trade and develop a strict criteria for those trades. Also you can take help of some one you trust especially a non trading person who will not listen to your justification .Just tell him/her that you plan to take 2 trade.Take that person review if you have broken your rule.

Trading is such a tough business because there is no oversight.No manager and No one to question. We have to develop mechanisms to cope with it.
And it begins with understanding where we are going wrong.That in itself is a big achievement.

There are 4 stages .
1. Sub conscious Incompetence.
2. Conscious Incompetence.
3. Conscsious Competence.
4. Sub Conscious Competence.

In the 4th stage is it riding your bike.You dont need to even think about it .You just do it at a sub conscious level.
Lot of us now would be at Level 2 and 3. With persistence and effort we can reach the next level.

Last edited:
Make a resolve that you will take 1 or 2 trade and develop a strict criteria for those trades. Also you can take help of some one you trust especially a non trading person who will not listen to your justification .Just tell him/her that you plan to take 2 trade.Take that person review if you have broken your rule.

Trading is such a tough business because there is no oversight.No manager and No one to question. We have to develop mechanisms to cope with it.
And it begins with understanding where we are going wrong.That in itself is a big achievement.

There are 4 stages .
1. Sub conscious Incompetence.
2. Conscious Incompetence.
3. Conscsious Competence.
4. Sub Conscious Competence.

In the 4th stage is it riding your bike.You dont need to even think about it .You just do it at a sub conscious level.
Lot of us now would be at Level 2 and 3. With persistence and effort we can reach the next level.
I ma going to try to meditate again and amp up on my HIITs, the interval training workouts and condition my mind again! Gotta be persistent with this kind a thing!!