Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

Yup ... I kept on taking small trades in BN Puts once breakdown started ... It was a freefall ... Overall, I traded 26700 PE twice .... Once 26600 PE .... Also, one contra trade when nifty was around 10795 approx .. It was BN 26800 CE (from 56 to 66) ... Overall, good day ... If truth be told, when I woke up today morning. I was kicking myself for selling 26300 CE yesterday around 60 .... (as today it went till 450) ... It would have been huge huge money ... But I knew I will have a chance after 2:00 PM ... So, ab kaafi behetar mehsoos kar rahaa huu ...
These are the real moves of BankNifty.. Rs 8 to Rs 450... 8K becaomes 4.5 lakhs .. but nobody can say in advance as it can move anyside.. such is Banknifty. ;);)

May be an odd one out here but it was seriously profitable to write options in the initial half of the day. Second half was disastrous. Maybe it makes more sense to close all short positions by about 2 (definitely before 2:20 :( ) and bet all the money made on long postions

Raj232

May be an odd one out here but it was seriously profitable to write options in the initial half of the day. Second half was disastrous. Maybe it makes more sense to close all short positions by about 2 (definitely before 2:20 :( ) and bet all the money made on long postions
Writing options on expiry day does not leave any chance for adjustments, so the usual time decay thing wont work during the second half of expiry day unless it is a very flat market. :)

Writing options on expiry day does not leave any chance for adjustments, so the usual time decay thing wont work during the second half of expiry day unless it is a very flat market. :)
I agree.. the only two things that could convince one to hold on to the shorts are the fact that any outstanding positions are very low value and are considered improbable by most traders meaning that he could pocket it completely. The second thing is avoiding paying brokerage. But all that goes to the dogs in such high volatility

Shiv12345

Hi ... For next two weeks, I have decided to try something new after a long time. I shall be sending back all intraday profits (after deducting brokerage, STT and other charges) to my savings account on daily basis. I believe this may motivate me even more to produce daily. This may also bring even higher discipline in my risk management. This means that daily I shall be transferring money (intraday income) from trading account to savings account (by evening). So far, 2018 has been really good. But let's be honest, it was relatively easier to identify major trend throughout January. I am waiting for tougher challenges ahead.

Please let me know if anyone else does the same thing i.e. transferring income on daily basis. Does it sound effective enough? Because it also means that trading capital will remain same as the money made would be sent back. Thanks.

Shiv12345

IMO, you should plough back some percentage of your profits for further investment, may be 10 to 25% (unless you are already trading with a large amount). My view only
Yup ... Capital growth is also essential. It helps us during rainy days (loss making days). Since past several months, I have been tranferring profits only after 25 days or 35 days. So, it was same as corporate world where an employee is handed over salary by the end of each month (which I am used to). However, I am also curious to have a feel of something known as 'Daily Income'. Never experienced it before. But those people who do have 'daily source of income' from various ventures do tell me that it is psychologically more satisfying and motivating. Even I am not sure. But I think it's worth a try. Thanks

Raj232

Yup ... Capital growth is also essential. It helps us during rainy days (loss making days). Since past several months, I have been tranferring profits only after 25 days or 35 days.
Its a good idea, probably I'll start doing this on weekly basis. So that I get better feel of the earnings rather than just speculating on the market. Also, that would motivate to take at least 1 good trade a week, which is lacking in Jan 2018.